Subject: Paladin Movement during Combat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Murdock
United States
Euless
Texas
flag msg tools
I'm unclear on a few minor points about Paladin movement.

1. If you do something during your combat action that raises your evil and draws the Paladin to you does he immediately enter combat or do you wait until next round for him to join you?

2. If Player 1 (starting player) has the Paladin and then it goes to Player 2 during Player 1's turn does that mean that the Paladin fights Player 2 in this combat round or does it wait until the next round to fight.

3. In Question 2, would the situation change if Player 2 has already defeated all of the rest of the adventurers?

I think the answers are:

1. Immediately enters combat.
2. Fights in this round.
3. Changes to fights in next round.

However, not sure. Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Bulacz
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
XenoMaster wrote:

1. If you do something during your combat action that raises your evil and draws the Paladin to you does he immediately enter combat or do you wait until next round for him to join you?

I am not sure but there is no such action that raises your evil during combat... yet
He enters combat immediately. (edit: I forgot spells)

Quote:
2. If Player 1 (starting player) has the Paladin and then it goes to Player 2 during Player 1's turn does that mean that the Paladin fights Player 2 in this combat round or does it wait until the next round to fight.

Each player fights one round each starting from start player and then there is round 2. So it is possible that Paladin will fight in 2 players during one round. When he conquer 1 tunnel in starting player dungeon that player evilometer will drop by 1 and if there will be another player marker Paladin will move to that player Dungeon as he is further from starting player and because of that more evil...

Quote:
3. In Question 2, would the situation change if Player 2 has already defeated all of the rest of the adventurers?

He will have to start the battle again in this round. Unless he is scared and he will let the Paladin plunder his dungeon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this was already answered in another thread, but these are the rules:

1. Keep in mind that all combat occurs in turn order. Most of the time, each player can resolve their combat simultaneously, but if the Paladin is in play, you need to be aware of the turn order.

2. The paladin will immediately switch dungeons if another player becomes more evil than the current holder of the Paladin, as long as he is above the Paladin icon on the evilometer. During Combat, this can only be triggered by gaining evil due to a spell, or losing evil due to having a dungeon tile conquered.

With spells, you could get/lose the paladin after Traps (but before monsters), or after monsters (but before healing and conquering). I think only the spells in Year 1 can cause this.

3. If the paladin moves to a dungeon with no adventurers, he does not attack until the next Combat Round. This is because a player skips their planning phase when they have already defeated all their adventurers. Without a planning phase, it's impossible to know which Tile the paladin would conquer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monika Dillinger
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
XenoMaster wrote:

The paladin will move to another player’s dungeon if these two
conditions are met:
• That player’s Evil Counter is at or above the paladin space.
• That player’s Evil Counter is higher than the Evil Counter
of the player who currently has the paladin. (It must be
higher. Being on the same space is not evil enough.)
/page 17 - right

XenoMaster wrote:

Order is important. During battle, your rating on the Evilometer can change. This might make the paladin choose a different dungeon (as explained in the Paladin section above). The paladin will move immediately (along with any Damage Counters that are on him) so it is possible that the paladin will fight in multiple dungeons in the same round. Once the paladin is eliminated, however, he will move no more, regardless of the Evilometer.
/page 19 - left up

XenoMaster wrote:

It is possible for the paladin to move to a dungeon where all ad-
venturers have been eliminated. If this happens, then Combat
in that dungeon starts up again at the beginning of the next
round. (If the paladin arrives in round 4, then his arrival will
not re-start Combat.)
/page 20 - End of combat
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J McWeasely
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
So ... Player 1 is pretty evil, but Player 2 is evil'er. Player 1 performs his or her combat phase, with no Paladin in the battle. Then player 2 conducts his or her combat phase, and loses 1 evil ... the Paladin can't affect P1 at all this turn. Now suppose Player 3 does something super evil, and jumps into the evil lead - The paladin is on the case immediately, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Smith
England
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. So long as the Evil lead also includes being more than the evil threshold or the paladin can't be arsed walking all the way to player 3's dungeon.

Note that P2 losing 1 evil couldn't make the paladin go to P1's dungeon, because at worst it would drop him into a tie with P1 (assuming you meant it when you said eviler), in which case he stays where he is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish we'd remembered the rule about getting less evil with each tile conquered. Then I might not have been so thoroughly trounced by the Paladin in year 2. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.