Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johannes Albani
Germany
Achern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I playtested the game in ESSEN and liked it a lot! But very soon in the round we faced a problem, i couldn´t figure out by the rules...

Lets say Red (R) and Green (G) and Blue (B) play.
A treasure is found and the distribution starts.
Like in the rulebook page 4, lets say the order, the players are asked is G, B, G, R

G is asked, and declines, than B declines.

Here is my question: If G takes the treasure the second time asked, which compass is lost? the first or the second one??

The example explicitly does NOT explain this. (or i didn´t read carefully enough... :-) )

Hope someone can help me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, logically, Green would take his 2nd compass, since he passed at his first opportunity to take the treasure and instead gave Blue and Red the opportunity of taking the treasure first. Blue and Red passed over this opportunity and so green decided to take the treasure after all. It would follow that Green would remove his second compass. He should not have to give up the priviledge of being the first to select the treasure offered just because Blue and Red passed by the opportunity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dicky P
United Kingdom
West
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't this covered in the following rules:

"1) The owner of the lowest compass rose on or below the treasure map is asked first, whether she wants the
treasure card. If she declines, the owner of the next higher compass rose is asked (even if the player has been
asked before), and so on.
2) Whoever claims a treasure card takes the card and places it face down in front of him, and is given back the
compass rose that he used to claim the treasure card
. Treasure cards nobody claimed are placed on the
treasure card discard pile.

In your example it was that players second "compass rose" (i.e the one relating to the second time he was asked) that was used to claim the treasure and so it is that one which is given back.

Edit: Just realised that the rules might not translate the same into/out of German but here's hoping that the same "wording" is in both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Albani
Germany
Achern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks, i really did miss that! i messed up with this a little because the explanation at essen was a little confusing, and afterwards i didn´t find the right passage...

blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.