Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas
Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When will the english version of "Storms of steel" be available in Germany?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan-Willem Schmidt
Netherlands
Biddinghuizen
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Trying to hit that arrow!
mbmbmbmbmb
see the other thread. They (Phalanx) said they would ship directly after Essen, so that means..........? I hope it means soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Dark
Germany
Bielefeld
Nordhrein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have Phalanx Games Copies Shipped Yet?

The german versions will be shipped in a month or so, while the english ones could be shipped earlier...at least, that´s my interpretation of uwe´s comment

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Koller
United States
Lousville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IMPORTANT UPDATE - OCT 31, 2009

Hi everyone, I'm just a customer as you are having pre-ordered CoS 2 from Phalanx Games. This morning I discovered a new blog entry in which Phalanx Games updates the information on CoS 2 orders. I first give you the original and then shall translate it into English.

Quote:

Geehrte Kunden!

Die Verspätung von Storm of Steal bzw Angriff! Teil 2 ziehen sich schon über 4 Monate.

Wir bedauern dies zutiefst und ärgern uns selbst über diesen Zustand. Seit Wochen liegen die fertigen Karten etc in unserem Lager in Konstanz und warten darauf in die entsprechende Spielschachtel verpackt zu werden. Leider ist die Entscheidung die Hälfte des Spiels in de USA zu produzieren und die andere in Deutschland im Nachhinein eine Fehlentscheidung.

Wir werden uns für die Kunden die jetzt doch schon sehr lange darauf gewartet haben etwas besonderes einfallen lassen. Jeder Kunde erhält ein besonderen Goodie gratis mit dazu versendet.

Nochmals entschuldigen wir uns für diesen Missstand.

In English,

Quote:
Valued customers,

The delay of Storm of Steal [sic!] 2, respectively of Angriff! 2, has now run into its 5th month.

We deeply regret this and are very dissatisfied about this outcome ourselves. The completed map tiles and other components have been stored away in our warehouse at Konstanz for weeks, awaiting to be sorted into game boxes. Unfortunately the decision to have one half of the game produced in the States and the other half in Germany can retrospectively only be termed an erroneous decision on our part.

Those customers who have pre-ordered CoH 2 for a very long time will receive special compensation from us. Each of these customers receives a free goodie enclosed with his copy of CoH 2.

We would like to repeat our apologies for this regretable circumstance.

There are a number of unaddressed issues. First, no time frame is given when deliveries can be finally expected. When are the German components going to be finished? In another 5 months hence? And second, what about the dozens of customers all over Europe who have pre-ordered the English game from Phalanx Games? (Observe that the first line of the blog entry apparently talks about these as well.) What is the rationale to piss off these customers due to problems with a - at best - marginally related product? What about Phalanx Games' previous promise that these customers can expect delivery "immediately after Essen"?

I find this "explanation" totally unacceptable. The blog entry - or press release, if you wish - explicitly mentions erroneous decision making on Phalanx Games' part. I strongly hope they retract part of that decision making - to not ship English games before the German ones are ready - rapidly. Although Uwe Eickert is "only" the designer of the game, could I kindly as him to exert pressure on the distributor in our collective name. We are now at a stage where Phalanx Games' policy to not deliver readily available copies of CoH 2 are positively damaging the European reception of this game.

(PS. Sorry for the high number of edits, mostly committed in the name of courtesy in the face of continued frustration.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Stefan,
You restrained yourself admirably!

I know that the shipment of products have been sent and are in route to Germany. Hopefully German customers understand that translations do take a while longer. With a game like SoS, there is a LOT to translate. Much more than most games, since there is the full rule book and fire fight book to contend with. In the future, I hope to have the translations done in pre-production so that we can release the German language at the same time as planned. The slight modifications made from the first rulebook to the second actually turned out to be more of a hassle than just translating the dang thing from scratch. Who knew.
On a positive note, they had time to modify all of the little mistakes found in the English version.

The Phalanx team is very aware of the delay and are working very hard to speed delivery. I will post any news as I receive it from them.

Uwe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nord
Germany
Wiesbaden
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear Uwe,

thanks for the reply, but as far is I understood Stefan's questioning, he was asking about the English version, which as far as I know was available in Essen.
And this is what i want to know as well, when will we receive the English version of SOS form Phalanx.

I know it isn't your concern directly, but unpleasant all the same.

P.S: I would have ordered with you directly again (as i did with ATB), but the shipping costs were exorbitantly high. Nevertheless i might have to go down this road again for POH.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Heather
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wow glad I didn't order from Phalanx - almost did because they had a very competitive price compared with the UK (where it has been available for the best part of a month I should add). Luckily the cost of the postage put me off - that was a narrow escape.

As for Phalanx - gives a very poor impression - the Germans have always been reknowned for their precision, engineering and puntuality - looks like Phalanx likes to break the mould.

Personally, I think Phalanx should despatch all the English orders immediately to stop them looking like bigger clowns.

How about a special Phalanx inspired scenario. It would be 7 turns long. The Russian army turn up in turn 1 and sit on VP hexes until turn 7 when the German army finally turns up.

Cheers,

Nigel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Schuster
Austria
Innsbruck
Tirol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What I cannot understand is that in almost every other European country the copies of the ENGLISH version of the game have been delivered weeks ago. Only in Germany the distributor is sitting on his pile of boxes like a dragon on its hoard. What Phalanx hopes to achieve with this delay tactics is beyond me. Where was the point of only sending the game AFTER Essen? Do they really think that they will sell more copies that way? And where is the point, now that Essen is over, of not sending them now?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Dark
Germany
Bielefeld
Nordhrein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even as much as it itches me to jump on to the Phalanx-Bashing-Train (since i preordered SoS there about 1,5 months ago (therefore paid for it at that time) and seriously expected the game to be shipped in the first week of october), it´s unfair to imply that Phalanx delays shipping on purpose.

Surely they could do a much better job at telling people about what is actually going on - It could be that they don´t know themselves when the games will be ready to ship and / or the mess with their other games strain their capacities completely.

Or something like that ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan-Willem Schmidt
Netherlands
Biddinghuizen
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Trying to hit that arrow!
mbmbmbmbmb
I am at a point where I think I want my money back.................

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Heather
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
it´s unfair to imply that Phalanx delays shipping on purpose.

Sorry, they have openly declared that they have done that - it isn't people making it up.

The problem is with the German language editions which may or may not be within their control - they aren't ready yet and I make no bad judgement on them because of that.

But they have had the English languages versions for weeks, yet they decided to delay sending them out as they want to be able to send English and German language versions out at the same time. Their personal decision to delay.

Cheers,

Nigel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.