6 Posts

Space Hulk (third edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Reinforcement phase guestion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Antti Kinnunen
Finland
flag msg tools
Yesterday i finally got the chance to test SH, With my two friends. I got the honor to be the marines first. Then took the role of a bystander, While the two were trying to kill eachother. Then played the stealers. I lost both games and my other friend won every game......that bastard! ^^

Anyway, There very many rules that were blurry to us. Which many of them i have managed to solve. Like can you shoot when a stealer is right in front of you and do on. And only one blurry rule remains....until more come up in the next bloodbath whistle

In the reinforcement phase. When you put a blib to an entry area. And then reveal it in the action phase, When it's still off the board. And you place you'r genestealer models. Can you move the models in the same phase, and does it cost 1AP for them to enter to the board? Since blibs have to pay the 1AP when they enter to the board.

And in the official GW FAQ they say that there is no limit to the genestealer models lurking in a entry area. Which sounds kinda strange to me. Why not have the same restriction what the blibs have like in the 1st Edition. Oh well

sauronrobotsauron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Corn
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Soon you'll be wearing my sword like a shish kebab!
badge
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 17 of the rules says:

Quote:
When a blip is revealed, one Genestealer is placed on the
space the blip was occupying. Any additional
Genestealers must be placed in an empty square adjacent
to the first. If the blip was by an entry area, then the
models are placed by the entry area and may enter play
in the same manner as a blip counter

If the blip has not yet been activated on the turn it is
revealed, any Genestealers placed are free to be activated
as normal.
If the blip was activated before it was
revealed, any Genestealers placed may not be activated
later in the turn .

(emphasis mine)

So yes, you can reveal a blip by an entry area, and the Genestealers may enter the board but it does cost 1 AP to move to the entry square (just like a blip). They do have to lurk for a turn if a Space Marine is six squares away or less, however, whether it be a blip or Genestealer model.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antti Kinnunen
Finland
flag msg tools
Thanks for the quick reply ^^

Just like i thought. The answer was right in front of my eyes but yet again my eyes (and brain) fail me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris toph
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
badge
Not an actual picture of me!
mbmbmbmbmb
A kind of related question (just playing my first test game ):
In addition to the starting blibs, do the GS draw reinforcements in the first turn? In other words in Suicide Mission does the GS have 4 blibs in his first turn?
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilfred Cheung
Canada
flag msg tools
I have another questions regarding the subject of this post that has not being discussed. I've played through mission 1-4 with the reinforcement phase that the new drawm blips MUST LURK at the entrance point until the next turn, thus giving the SM player an idea where the GS might pop up next turn. is this correct? Currently I'm starting to feel that the GS player can move its GS into the board right away instead of waiting 1 turn at the enterance.

Also, Mission 1's condition is that the GS player starts with 2 blips and gets 2 reinforcement on GS turn. I'm arguing that means on GS turn 1 the GS can move 4 blips INTO the board. Is this correct?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Corn
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Soon you'll be wearing my sword like a shish kebab!
badge
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.
mbmbmbmbmb
The setup of the board occurs in this order (see page 9 of the mission book, and page 8 of the rule book):

1) Space Marines set up the squad(s) in the designated area(s).
2) Genestealers place the starting blips (if any).
3) Space Marines begin their turn, starting with the Command Phase.
4) After the Space Marine turn is finished, the Genestealers begin their turn, starting with the Reinforcements Phase.
5) Etc.

So using Mission 1 as the example, first the Space Marines would deploy the five Terminators in the entry area.

Then the Genestealer player would put down two blips at any of the entry areas.

The Space Marines then take their turn, then the Genestealers put down two more blips (total of four at the purple-arrow entry areas) and can move all four onto the board this turn (unless forced to lurk by a nearby Space Marine, which is highly unlikely in Mission 1 on turn 1).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.