Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Acin
United States
Coral Gables
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Outside of the 3 expansions that we know are coming in the next couple of weeks/months, how committed is FFG to Battlelore? Will we will see additional tiles and more types of armies in the future?

I'm making a decision between CC:Ancients and Battlelore, and after seeing Scott Nicholson's review of Battlelore, I really have to admit it sounds like a good system but I don't want to commit cash on a "dormant" game that will see sporadic expansions once in a blue moon.

Anyone know if FFG will release more bigger expansions in 2010 and beyond? It seems a shame that such a good game would go to waste, especially after buying it from the original publisher.

Speaking of which, if I do decide on Battlelore, is there a difference in quality of the components, particularly the figures (I heard some came bent in the DOW days) and board and tiles? I know the cards will be top notch from FFG, but since I have had experience with warped boards from another FFG game, Tide of Iron, I just want to hear (or read in this case) from someone who has had experience with both the DOW and FFG versions.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
jcikal wrote:
Speaking of which, if I do decide on Battlelore, is there a difference in quality of the components, particularly the figures (I heard some came bent in the DOW days) and board and tiles? I know the cards will be top notch from FFG, but since I have had experience with warped boards from another FFG game, Tide of Iron, I just want to hear (or read in this case) from someone who has had experience with both the DOW and FFG versions.

There is no "dow" vs. "ffg" version. If it was released before Heroes, it is DOW - base game through the Troll expansion. Heroes and beyond are purely FFG. At some point FFG will probably go back and reprint all the old expansions but haven't heard anything.

The bend on the figures is a common problem and a hot bath will fix that. The other components are top notch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Battlelore is a great game with a lot of re playability. It is also supported on Vassal, which is a plus in my books.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Logan Peabody
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have owned and been playing Battlelore since 2007. Very replayable. I believe FFG is committed to it, it was slow going on them getting out these expansions, but Richard Bord is still very involved with it and the fact they put out the three expansions they are working on indicates to me they are still planning to support it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.