Popular Tags: [View All]
The Tak
United States
Chapin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've put together a set of this and give it a solid two thumbs up! I'm planning for upgrading my current set now (from all foam-core to foam-core maps and mounting board chits). What I was wondering is if there was any plan to release full sheets for the US and Germany like the Russians and British Para have currently. If not it's no big deal, but in running off two infantry pages to get a good stack of US infantry and German rifle, I've ended up with a lot of Panzer Grenadier that are probably never going to see use, not to mention the extra leaders and support weapons.

Again, it's no big deal and I can always beat something together with GIMP on my own, but a balanced sheet of infantry units for each nationality individually would be about six kinds of awesome.

Either way, this is still getting all my solo time

Happy gaming.

EDIT: To attempt to be constructive, I was thinking something like one six by ten panel of the page have a row of Pnzr Gren full, a row of PG reduced, two rows of full rifle, two rows of rifle reduced, a row of leaders, and the last three rows of support weapons.

Alternatively if that's too many support weapons, a row and a half each of PG and PG reduced, then two rows of support weapons.

For the Americans three rows of full squads, three rows of reduced squads, a row of leaders, and three rows of weapons.

Or of course break it out like the infantry sheet for the brits.

And now I seriously must quit fiddling with V&V and get to sleep!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Doyle
United States
Lynchburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really glad you're enjoying the game!

In answer to your question -- likely.

I'm currently updating the Panzer Grenadiers, and so far that's the only infantry unit in V&V to undergo a change. They'll be modified to a 5-6-5 unit (to indicate they may be carrying an inherent LMG, or a little more firepower, and are veterans of battle), after considering upcoming German Elites like Waffen SS and Fallschirmjager.

Historically, Panzer Grenadiers shouldn't have been that different from Rifles (if at all), but when I started V&V I wanted the Germans to have a couple of different units. Now that I know I'll be releasing a variety of units, I think the PGs need this change.

I'll consider putting just the German Rifles on a sheet, and another full sheet of German PGs and Elites -- but that's a ways down the road.

-Barry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Tak
United States
Chapin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool beans thank you for the quick reply good sir!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.