Subject: Any word on a release date? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
So it goes.
United States
Shillington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.
badge
"You wouldn't worry half as much about what other people thought of you if you realized how rarely they actually did."
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that November is here I was wondering if there is an official date that those who've pre-ordered can expect to receive their copy by.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Smith
United States
Newburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Stay thirsty my friends.
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI, I had been in recent contact with Alex, posing the same question along with updating the Tasty Minstrel page for individual sale of the games. He answered that the games are at the manufacturer and should be available the proverbial "soon".

This has been number one on my must have list since its announcement.
I hope/expect the soon is by mid-November 09.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rdsmith wrote:
FYI, I had been in recent contact with Alex, posing the same question along with updating the Tasty Minstrel page for individual sale of the games. He answered that the games are at the manufacturer and should be available the proverbial "soon".

Last I heard, the games were on a boat, and that was a while ago so I am eager to hear that they have hit California "any minute now."

As soon as I hear that news, I'll be sure to post all over BGG.

- Seth
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So it goes.
United States
Shillington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.
badge
"You wouldn't worry half as much about what other people thought of you if you realized how rarely they actually did."
mbmbmbmbmb
So in other words, the answer is no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
troybowers wrote:

Best I've heard is that a week ago, they were on a boat about two weeks away. So they probably arrive next week, and people receive them in about 2-3 weeks. The target release is BGG con, which is 2 1/2 weeks away, so it looks like we should expect them pretty close to that time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SQ
United States
Show Low
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
BLAMMO!
mb
sedjtroll wrote:
rdsmith wrote:

Last I heard, the games were on a boat, and that was a while ago so I am eager to hear that they have hit California "any minute now."

As soon as I hear that news, I'll be sure to post all over BGG.

- Seth

ROFL! I can just picture those wooden cows flippin' burgers and dancin' on the bow of a huge boat. ...Or a cow ridin' on a dolphin...

whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Campbell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
sedjtroll wrote:

Last I heard, the games were on a boat,

My copy is doin' flips an' shit, and wearing a nautical-themed pashmina afghan.
Thanks for reminding me of that video it's one of my favorites this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We need GPS on the boat location
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So it goes.
United States
Shillington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alexfrog wrote:
troybowers wrote:

Best I've heard is that a week ago, they were on a boat about two weeks away.

2 weeks for a boat to get from China to the west coast? Are they using sails?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
troybowers wrote:

2 weeks for a boat to get from China to the west coast? Are they using sails?

Yeah it takes those big container ships about 2 weeks to get to the US from China.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're getting kind of close, are there contingency plans in place for bgg.con should they not arrive in time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mindes
United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
We're getting kind of close, are there contingency plans in place for bgg.con should they not arrive in time?

They will arrive in time, since I have air shipped a pallet of each game for the show.

In addition, I just created a blog post about the upcoming release of the games - Games, Shipping, And The Long Wait
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news, and nice post on the blog.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Brown
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
But don't be fooled by the radio, the TV, or the magazines. They'll show you photographs of how your life should be but they're just someone else's fantasies.
mbmbmbmbmb
DrMayhem wrote:
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:

They will arrive in time, since I have air shipped a pallet of each game for the show.

In addition, I just created a blog post about the upcoming release of the games - Games, Shipping, And The Long Wait

That is good to hear. Yea, I am one of the people who signed up to be customers for life. I glad you will have games at BGG con because I know it is important to you for getting the word out about your games.

I don't think the wait has been too long. But, this is coming from someone who has been waiting for games from Valley Games and MMP. Months is nothing when you have been waiting years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So it goes.
United States
Shillington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will pre-order customers be notified when the games ship?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
troybowers wrote:
Will pre-order customers be notified when the games ship?

Hopefully. I'll post if I hear anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So it goes.
United States
Shillington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So that 2-3 weeks for delivery you posted about on the 2nd is going to expire this coming week. Does it look like this is still on schedule? Or will it likely be after Thanksgiving now? I'm not impatient, just really excited!

edit: And mildly annoying too come to think of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, they just got them for BGGcon, so I am assuming they will ship out next week. But Im not sure
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So it goes.
United States
Shillington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. At least I know they've reached American soil. Can't wait!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mindes
United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Due to problems I will have to manage a team to properly collate and verify contents. Add silica pacts and re shrink.

I will do my best to make this as soon as possible....

definitely prior to Christmas without new issues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
Being late to the party, is it still possible to order this one? Or do I have to wait for them to end up at OLGS's...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mindes
United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It bears repeating, so here it is:

Homesteaders can be ordered here.

The game will cost $39.95 and include free shipping. This is only available inside of the United States right now.

At this point in time, ordering directly from me is probably the only way it will arrive in time for Christmas. I am making every effort to make sure that happens.

http://tastyminstrelgames.com/games/board-games/homesteaders

Additionally Terra Prime can be ordered from the link below

http://tastyminstrelgames.com/games/board-games/terra-prime

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.