GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,551 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Introduction » New User Questions

Subject: Newbie question for games, tourneys and more. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dale Prather
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At the top of BGG if I go to the 'Misc' tab and then the 'Tigris' tabe it looks like there are games going on? Could someone please explain this to me? Why just Tigris? Are there other games that can be played on BGG? Is this a tourney?
I appreciate any details you can offer.

Thank,
Dale
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
Non vi sed virtute, not armis sed arte paritur victoria.
badge
e^{i · π} + 1 = 0
mb
Gosh, I've never seen that!

I believe this is on-line version of Tigris & Euphrates which you would play if you had no opponents by the hand. Never heard of any kind of on-going tournament of T&E here on 'geek but as I am pretty new user take my opinion with a grain of salt.

There are places on the web where you could play on-line version of different games. You may want to try out MabiWeb, Michael Schacht's webiste, Brass On-line just to name few.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never played it. If someone more knowledgeable doesn't come and explain it here, you might try asking in GeekChat (in the same menu).

A T&E League exists and runs tournaments:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/guild%3A689%3Amoreinf...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Sonnenberg
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a turn-based online version of T&E found right here at BGG. I've never tried it either, but it's been around for many years. I don't know how often other users make use of it, nor do I know who programmed it. One of the admins may chime in with more info. (Really should have a wiki page with this info, shouldn't we?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.