GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,439 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Byron Collins
United States
Suffolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The BGG Wargame ranking method has changed. It doesn't benefit Small Publishers, but it certainly doesn't have to either- BGG does not exist to promote my games or the games of any other publisher- even though this can occur through such things as the hotness, rankings, ads, contests, session reports and reviews on BGG from players, and forum threads discussing the games. This thread announces my (hopefully creative) response to a call from some in the ADMIN POLL thread for small publishers to be a bit more creative with how we promote our games and get information to you, our prospective players, beyond advertising.

I thought it would be interesting to create a GeekList that features Design Notes and Playtest Session Reports and commentary from the games I'm currently working on.

Each Item in the list is a game I've designed or am designing, with one General entry for General Game Design discussion. If you're interested in following along, subscribe to the list, to this thread, or both, or to the specific game you're interested in and I'll keep the list going with regular updates in the form of Comments to each item. As a new Design Note is added, I'll also reply to this thread (treating it as a subscription thread).

Each Design Note or Playtest Session Report is a separate comment for the appropriate game.

The list also functions to update you on our current Preorder Status of those games in the list that are on our P500 list (http://frontlinegeneral.com/html/preorder.html). It will not be a monthly list, but, I will update the preorder status in the form of an Item Edit on a monthly basis (or as I can).

It's a bit bare right now, but I've added all of the games, their info, and a couple of Design Notes to get started. I still need to add the actual preorder totals for two of our games on P500.

If you think this is a good concept/contribution, please thumb the list and this thread. If you are a small publisher like I am, I encourage you to create your own list to highlight design notes and playtest session reports from your own games. I think this has the potential to be a great tool for designers and for prospective players.

I welcome your feedback here and on the list.

Here is the link to the Geeklist: Design Notes from Collins Epic Wargames
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmb
Hi Byron,

I run the monthly GMT P500 list, and I have a forum post set up so people can subscribe to the new lists.

If you don't want to be constrained by a single geeklist, perhaps you could set up a forum post and then whenever you post something (a geeklist, a session report, a forum post for one of your games), you could post the link in the subscription forum and we'll all be updated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Collins
United States
Suffolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds good Roger. Will do.

And you do a great job on that GMT list btw
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmb
frontlinegeneral wrote:
Sounds good Roger. Will do.

And you do a great job on that GMT list btw

Aw, shucks! blush

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bulldozers
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep the MMP, GMT and Columbia lists I look forward to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.