Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Cox
Australia
Petersham
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm kind of interested in this game but the idea of cars (ok ATVs that look like landrovers) driving through lakes has me concerned as to how you would depict this to non-gamers. Are these ATVs amphibious ducks, if so why not model them that way?zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Evans
Canada
Nobleton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This struck me as odd too when I first got the game.

The rationalizations I came up with were either the lakes are extremely shallow, or the ATVs are only actually driving in the shallow waters along the lake shore.

Of course, the second rationalization doesn't explain how ATV's can sometimes cut directly across a lake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Incao
United States
Doylestown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are extremely shallow lakes. You can even place a hut in them they are so shallow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack Stackurski
United States
Mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I love almost all games, play Boardgames with my wife, have three kids, generally enjoy cats and understand and like those bumper stickers with the little fishies sprouting legs.
badge
This happy cat is excited about new board games!
mbmbmbmbmb
When they say *ALL* Terrain Vehicle... they mean it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Manoff
United States
Haymarket
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would consider these ponds, swamps or muddy areas that an all-terrain vehicle could maneauver through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scholle
Australia
St Ives
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My four wheel drive has a zodiac stored in the back. Whenever we deduce the treasure is in the middle of the lake we blow up the boat and go get it. My wife drives the four wheel drive around the edge of the lake an picks me up wherever I land. We don't have an outboard motor - I make the kids row the boat. It's very relaxing and the wife gets some alone time too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a lot of work. We just drive our duck straight in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
How does a jeep pick up a medallion? With robot Jeep arms?

There, uh, might be a certain level of abstraction in games and what the pieces represent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olav Fakkeldij
Netherlands
Beverwijk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IMPORTANT MESSAGE for all of you worrying about how the ATV's go through the lakes.

I've just received the game and guess what!
The ATV's are just beautiful wooden bits and the lakes are just cardboard! So, no problems for damage on your "ATV" or questions on how to move into the "lakes".
I tried and you can simple put a "ATV" (remember it's a wooden bit!) on a "lake"(cardboard!). Great idea by the designer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Incao
United States
Doylestown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
olavf wrote:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE for all of you worrying about how the ATV's go through the lakes.

I've just received the game and guess what!
The ATV's are just beautiful wooden bits and the lakes are just cardboard! So, no problems for damage on your "ATV" or questions on how to move into the "lakes".
I tried and you can simple put a "ATV" (remember it's a wooden bit!) on a "lake"(cardboard!). Great idea by the designer!

Thanks for clearing that up... I will be able to sleep at night now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.