Justin Fitzgerald
United States
Mazomanie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I gave an order to 2 spearmen units to move into position side by side, using an H1 and H2 command, designating that position on the battlefield.

I later wanted to take direct control over them. The units moved forward a couple inches.

1) On the next turn, if I do not intervene, do the spearmen basically just walk back to that position?

I guess what I'm wondering is does hitting a waypoint clear the waypoint? I could see really clear tactical use if that was the case, otherwise I question the investment in command points of designating areas on the board to move to.

2) It also seems a little strange if you gave like a C4 command. So the unit advances to a position, then just stands there? What's the difference between that order and H4 then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panagiotis Zinoviadis
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Among the Stars:The Ambassadors
mbmbmbmbmb
1) when you reach an objective, the objective is cleared from the standing order.

2) When you use Hold with an objective, you go to the objective more "catiously" getting the hold bonuses if you have spears. When you Close on an objective, you will get the +1 Damage if you are final rushed on the front.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.