1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: Designing a game: Seiges of the Peninsular War rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Carnahan
United States
flag msg tools
I was searching for a historical siege game that had certain types of options and decisions for the players, but I couldn't quite find what I was looking for, so I decided to take a shot at designing one.

Probable scenarios:

Ciudad Rodrigo (both the French versus Spanish and the British versus French)
Badajoz (again, multiple options with one map)
San Sebastian (have to check the viability of this one yet)
Other sieges of the French attacking Spanish fortresses

I envision few counters and very simple rules, but enough choices to keep it interesting.

My first draft of the rules has fallen together very quickly (just under a week) and I hope to have something post-able very shortly for folks to take a look at (Probably means they are all messed up, but all the more reason to post them!).

In the meantime, does anyone have any suggestions other than the following for me to look at for ideas (or if such a game already exists!):

Pensacola: The closest thing I found to what I was looking for, and I duly pre-ordered it from GMT Games.

Stronghold: I read a review of this and I'm pondering a version of one of the concepts, variable attacker will/morale that will modify die rolls.

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.