Thumb up
1 Posts

A Brief History of the World» Forums » Sessions

Subject: 2 sessions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
flag msg tools
I've played the game two times now. Once with 3 players (first game for everyone) and once with 6 (first game for everyone except me).

First game took 3 1/4 hours, the 2nd one 5 1/2 hours. Explaining and setting up time not included.
So 30 min. per Player seems quite optimistic....
Of course it was the first game, and we had one "thinker" in each round who needed e.g. about 3-6 Minutes for every empire Card selection decision.

The game played well and and relatively quick (feeling) with three, while it dragged a bit in the second half with 6. But not too much and still better than the old version.

In matters of game mechanisms it's definitely best with 6 of course!

All new rules work quite well. Also the new empire and event selection mechanism, which seems quite well balanced. I miss the extra fun, though, which was delivered by the old version of empire selection, where you could assign empire cards to other players. I think I'd rather prefer a change here (back to old version or a mixture)...

Also I don't understand, why bonus tokens are awarded after the last round, too. This makes no sense imho.

In both games, the player who was last after the first two rounds took the lead in the fourth epoch, (having had the biggest empire in the game in epoch 4 respectively 3) and stayed in the leading position from there on till the end.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.