Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No one takes the time to read anymore.
mbmbmbmbmb
Good news.

The Friends of Science on my radio have assured us that global warming is only caused by the sun and they have not detected any new global warning for 10 years. That must mean the Arctic sea ice is refreezing!! Polar bears rejoice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Barlow
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No one takes the time to read anymore.
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't think why.

Are the Friends of Science a religious group?

Oh, and "fuck", "Satan" and "communist".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I went to their website: friendsofscience.org

This was all I needed to see before immediately realizing they are a political organization, and NOT a scientific one:

Wow. Gee I wonder what the net trend is since 1979? I wonder what happens if you start their most recent best fit at 2001 instead of 2002? The really sad thing is that the "scientific advisory board" consists of legitimate scientists. All of their opinions on climate change are extremely radical compared to what the evidence indicates, but even so this type of distortion is inexcusable. Their "six things everybody should know about climate change" are full of gross oversimplifications and cherry picked data. I'm all for healthy skepticism, but they outright reject CO2 as potential source of warming, which is pretty asinine. The research literature does NOT support the view that solar radiation is the primary mechanism behind climate change. A factor? Of course. Does it need to be investigated further? Of course. But their blatant disregard for the evidence which suggests greenhouse gases play a large role in raising atmospheric temperature makes it very obvious that they have a political agenda.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As soon as you see someone fitting a linear line to data like that you should immediately question what they are doing. Maybe they should look into the last 40 years of development in Time Series Analysis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
In the past 2 months near my house, it has gotten steadily chillier. GLOBAL WARMING IS A HOAX!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snowball
Belgium
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reprint wrote:
I can't think why.

Are the Friends of Science a religious group?

Science is a rude word.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mahaffey
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
GAME ARTIST
badge
GAME ARTIST
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Foy
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Zaphod wrote:
I went to their website: friendsofscience.org

This was all I needed to see before immediately realizing they are a political organization, and NOT a scientific one:

I laughed when I saw that graph. Someone obviously considers themselves a photoshop expert. The hilarious 'best fit' line. I wonder if we could teach monkeys how to photoshop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.