War of the Ring Collector's Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Where can I buy this game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dale Quimpo
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm afraid that by the time I have enough money to get this game, it will be all sold out. Could somebody please help me by linking the different places that I can get this game? Preferably in the US.

boards and bits
coolstuffinc
cardhaus
fantasyflightgames

anywhere else?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
You can only order from FantasyFlightGames in the US and Nexus Games in Europe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Quimpo
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aren't there any online stores that carry it? My main concern is that they might have stock of the game when FFG doesn't have stock anymore (at some point in the near future)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Penny Press Kickstarter: 1,284 backers - $60,376! Amazing! Thank you!!!
badge
Play Penny Press!
mbmbmbmbmb
That's where credit cards come in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Rose
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Coolstuffinc still has it listed as available for pre-order, as does Cardhaus. There are other sites that show it available.

My advice is to pre-order it from FFG directly, that way you can be guaranteed to get a copy.

In all reality, I don't believe the online retailers are going to be getting huge quantities. I would hate to pre-order from a retailer only to be told that orders exceeded their allotment of copies.

I've bought from a few of the online sites that advertise at bbg, and had quality experiences, so I'm sure they would stop taking orders when they reached their known limits, but there is no way I'd take that risk with the CE.

FFG still shows it as In Stock, however, they sold through their initial 400 copies on October 30th in only a week, which I'm sure motivated many folks who had been sitting on the fence to click the Buy button.

I have no idea how many more FFG has, nor how many they are sending out to retailers and distributors. But honestly, this is definitely going to sell out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Guenther
Canada
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have an extra copy that my friend decided not to buy. I can hold it until Dec.15. let me know

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh

Sydney
NSW
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tsugo wrote:
Coolstuffinc still has it listed as available for pre-order, as does Cardhaus. There are other sites that show it available.

My advice is to pre-order it from FFG directly, that way you can be guaranteed to get a copy.

In all reality, I don't believe the online retailers are going to be getting huge quantities. I would hate to pre-order from a retailer only to be told that orders exceeded their allotment of copies.

I've bought from a few of the online sites that advertise at bbg, and had quality experiences, so I'm sure they would stop taking orders when they reached their known limits, but there is no way I'd take that risk with the CE.

FFG still shows it as In Stock, however, they sold through their initial 400 copies on October 30th in only a week, which I'm sure motivated many folks who had been sitting on the fence to click the Buy button.

I have no idea how many more FFG has, nor how many they are sending out to retailers and distributors. But honestly, this is definitely going to sell out.

I don't know whether it's an accurate predictor, but if you add, say, a thousand copies to your cart on FFG's site, it says that they're only able to ship ~250 of them, leading me to believe that they've sold through ~150 of the 400 in the second batch. Only 250 copies to go if that's true... then they're gone forever.

Edit: I'd encourage people to not become obsessed with using this method to check the remaining number in stock. As I just discovered, unless you clear the items from your cart, it changes the main item page to show the game as being "out of stock"... so if you DO check availability using this technique, be sure to delete your cart afterward so that you don't prevent people from buying for a few hours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Perreault-Dorion
Canada
Laval
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Genghis Sean wrote:
I have an extra copy that my friend decided not to buy. I can hold it until Dec.15. let me know

Geekmail sent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Rose
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wampa8jedi wrote:
I don't know whether it's an accurate predictor, but if you add, say, a thousand copies to your cart on FFG's site, it says that they're only able to ship ~250 of them, leading me to believe that they've sold through ~150 of the 400 in the second batch. Only 250 copies to go if that's true... then they're gone forever.

Edit: I'd encourage people to not become obsessed with using this method to check the remaining number in stock. As I just discovered, unless you clear the items from your cart, it changes the main item page to show the game as being "out of stock"... so if you DO check availability using this technique, be sure to delete your cart afterward so that you don't prevent people from buying for a few hours.

I tried this "experiment" just now, and if it is remotely accurate, it shows that there are slightly under 200 copies remaining.

BTW, I did clear my cart after checking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Smith
United States
Bel Air
MD - Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's back up at Boards & Bits with a ship date of Jan 31st, 2010. I think that since they stopped sales for the first batch after they "sold out" that they will only accept orders for the quantities they have purchased.

At least I sure hope so, since I just bought one from them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pone McPoneface
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
mbmbmbmbmb
You can preorder this from Games Surplus for $345 with free shipping. This would be for the 2010 release batch. I have ordered many times from Games Surplus and consider them very reliable and great to buy from. My copy of the game is preordered from this retailer, just so you know. Here's the URL if you are interested;

https://www.gamesurplus.com/site/product.cfm?id=A89F5540-0EA...

I hope you can get a copy and wish you the best of luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Harrison
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have confirmed with B&B that their pre-orders are for confirmed stock.

So I have gone with them, as I have a long standing relationship and their service is good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pone McPoneface
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
mbmbmbmbmb
Pone4games wrote:
You can preorder this from Games Surplus for $345 with free shipping. This would be for the 2010 release batch. I have ordered many times from Games Surplus and consider them very reliable and great to buy from. My copy of the game is preordered from this retailer, just so you know. Here's the URL if you are interested;

https://www.gamesurplus.com/site/product.cfm?id=A89F5540-0EA...

I hope you can get a copy and wish you the best of luck!

I have just exchanged emails with Thor Samuelson of Games Surplus and his preorders are for confirmed stock which he has already paid for so if anyone had doubts about this you can be rest assured that you will get your game. I've ordered my copy from him as proof of buyer confidence!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.