7 Posts

Stronghold» Forums » Rules

Subject: Several questions to the rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michal Jindra
msg tools
Paths on the east side of the stronghold:
- the rampart most on the south is reachable directly from the foreground or 3 dispatches has to be spent to arrive there? There is not direct path between foreground and rampart.
- Similarly, the wall section next to cathedral (5 invader slots, 2+1 defender slots, 2 cauldrons) can be reached only from the most southern rampart or the path from another rampart can be used directly as well, only with potential of 2 traps on that path?

Cauldrons:
- after defender uses cauldron on specific wall section. Is this cauldron considered as "empty", cauldron marker is removed and another cauldron has to be produced in forge? Or does the cauldron stay on the wall and can be used again next round?

Orders:
- can I use for example goblins fury on the wall section where are no goblins? In similar way as empty order - to fool the defender?
Rules say "At least one unit has to carry out given order" = Is it a precondition for the order placement that there must be at least one compatible unit on the wall section or does it mean, that in case of given order and compatible unit on the wall, at least one unit has to carry out the order?

thank you,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Jazbec
Switzerland
Wangen SZ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paths on the east side of the stronghold:

What do you mean with "the rampart most on the south", the battering ram area? As I understoot there is a special "middle camp" for it, from where you can move troops to. But still some open questions when playing with two invaders.

You can only use one path in one dispatch. This means you need one dispatch more on the west side (compared to the east side) to reach the rampart on the top.

Cauldrons:

This is a good point. I thought they will be removed after usage, but as I read the rulebook again, it seems that they are similar to cannons. So they probably stay there.

Orders:

No clue, good point!

Cheers,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiktor Pucek
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
1) Its reachable only from rampart (so you have to use 3 dispatches to reach this rampart)
2) Can be reach only from one rampart

3)Cauldrons stay till invader destroys it. Cauldron works every turn.

4) I think you can not use order if there is no one to do it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiktor Pucek
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
Dont want to create another thread so I will ask my questions here.

1) If i dont want to shoot in assault phase with my balista (it kills my units on walls) can I choose not to?

Rulebook says that war machines "shoot", not "may shoot".

2) I can refuse to do actions from phase cards right?. That also means I can choose not to get 14 new units every turn (its regular phase card)?

So far I played I had to do this, so the defender always get some hourglasses (it makes me to use dispatch action or pay for my army at camp).
If i can choose not to get new units, the defender would get only 2 hourglasses per turn.

3) What happens when i put order to detonate orcs, but i manage to destroy lasy wall piece with my catapult? Orc has to blow himself up anyway?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksander Kopeć
Poland
Gdańsk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2) getting new units and 5 resources is not an action.

3) i think yes, they has to blow up anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiktor Pucek
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
So I have to get new units every turn? too bad..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Owens
United States
Williamsburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can refuse phases 2-5 and can refuse the phase 6 dispatches/order but still have to pay for those left at camp

The Orc order requires you blow up at least one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.