GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,525 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Mr. Jack» Forums » Sessions

Subject: First play with the lovely wife rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Neff
United States
Warrington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The kids are tucked into bed, and it's dark, clear night. Perfect time for a walk through Whitechapel.

We set up the board, and I explained the rules, with an able assist from movement summaries here on the Geek. Thank you to all who contribute!! I took the role of Jack.

On turn 1, my wife managed to eliminate half the suspects. Good start! Still under a cloud of suspicion were Lestrade, Stealthy, Watson, and Goodley. We quickly realized that control of these characters would be key.

On turn 2, I brought three pairs of characters together. And I took a card for Holmes. All four suspects were witnessed; my wife got no new information. Turn 3 was similar.

Turn 4, Ms Stealthy proved her innocence as the 4th light went out.
Turn 5, As Whitechapel grew darker, I brought Lestrade & Goodley into the shadows. Dr Watson was cleared. Down to two. Would Jack escape?

Turn 6, Lestrade and Goodley both remained in darkness. And both were near open manhole covers, positioned for the big escape. Everything hinged on the next turn of the cards...

Turn 7, Both suspects appeared on this turn. My wife choose to move... Lestrade. Curses! Since Goodley did not perform an easy escape, Jack's identity was obvious. But I had one last hope. Using Goodley's whistle, I beckoned other characters to as far as possible from Lestrade.

Turn 8, I moved Ms Stealthy; she was the only with the range to catch the Ripper. Holmes and Smith were but one cobblestone away when the night ended, and Jack/Lestrade emerged victorious!

We look forward to more cat & mouse chases with Mr. Jack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
coony
Romania
Timisoara
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nicely written.I'm happy that you enjoyed this game.I would recommend you adding the extension to the game,since it adds more strategy and diversity.(+ it's about $8 now on www.funagain.com).Keep on playing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.