♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
And I'm watching it, for the first time. I'm only 30 minutes in to it, but it looks like the best praise I can give to it so far is, "Well, it's better than Catwoman."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gola
United States
Redding
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
and everything under the sun is in tune
mbmbmbmbmb
ABORT! ABORT! ABORT!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
OK, I just saw some vampire/harpy thing pick up a cow and throw it into a church. This movie makes Knowing and The Happening look like Academy material.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert De Luna
United States
San Pedro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why are the best visual representations of werewolves always in films like this? I do like the special effects in Van Helsing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
I noticed one of the wounds on the flying vampire harpies was moving independently of her body, and then she said, "Too bad, so sad." It's really a shame that Joel Hodgson is no longer doing MST3K.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eager
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
DBA Junkie
badge
"A Book should serve as the Ax for the frozen sea within us."-- KAFKA
mbmbmbmbmb
shake Just wait until "operatic Frankenstein" shows up...see if you can identify the warped and tactless rip-off from The Good, The Bad and the Ugly. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João 'Finding a new way to make you WTF today' Marum
Portugal
Loulé
Algarve
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Van Helsing is one of those rare movies that are so awful they're bloody awful. It's perhaps one of the worst movies ever made.

The best part is that people who see the trailer of Solomon Kane say that that movie ripped off from Van Helsing.

facepalm.jpg it's all I say.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eager
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
DBA Junkie
badge
"A Book should serve as the Ax for the frozen sea within us."-- KAFKA
mbmbmbmbmb
MGBM wrote:
Van Helsing is one of those rare movies that are so awful they're bloody awful. It's perhaps one of the worst movies ever made.

The best part is that people who see the trailer of Solomon Kane say that that movie ripped off from Van Helsing.

facepalm.jpg it's all I say.

shake There's another recent vampire flick that makes Van Helsing look like high art--Bloodrayne. Oof what a fiasco! I think I just threw up in my mouth a little...shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Verkisto wrote:
OK, I just saw some vampire/harpy thing pick up a cow and throw it into a church. This movie makes Knowing and The Happening look like Academy material.

I'm not sure I see the problem here. Since when is throwing cows not awesome?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gola
United States
Redding
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
and everything under the sun is in tune
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the big problems with the movie (I mean besides the grating noisiness of it and the ubiquitous stupidity) is that the characters are basically indestructible. They'll get thrown fifty feet, bounce off a stone wall, and hit the ground running, so when you see a horde of monsters charging at them, it's like, who cares?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the one and only
Germany
Nettetal - Kaldenkirchen
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cabalzero wrote:

shake There's another recent vampire flick that makes Van Helsing look like high art--Bloodrayne. Oof what a fiasco! I think I just threw up in my mouth a little...shake

Are we bashing Uwe Boll again?
Yeah, he really is a cheap target.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
Gola wrote:
One of the big problems with the movie (I mean besides the grating noisiness of it and the ubiquitous stupidity) is that the characters are basically indestructible. They'll get thrown fifty feet, bounce off a stone wall, and hit the ground running, so when you see a horde of monsters charging at them, it's like, who cares?

There was also that scene with the werewolf, Kate Beckinsale's character, and her brother. I forget exactly how it went (I'm attempting to block it from my memory, after all), but it seems like her brother was about six miles up a tree, with a werewolf in a cage, and then the cage dropped, broke open, and the werewolf ran after Kate. She stops at a cliff, the werewolf mere steps behind her, and then her brother pops up out of nowhere and shoots the werewolf. Is her brother supposed to be Barry Allen? Because I can think of no other explanation for how he got ahead of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Sol
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
All engines full to awesome land!
badge
*tap* *tap* Is this thing on?
mbmbmbmbmb
Teleport!

BTW this movie is so awful, so awful, that I don't know which is a worst form of torture: this, or Alone in the Dark.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sherman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
My biggest disappointment with the movie was that there wasn't a scene where someone is looking up at the sky shouting "VAN HELSING!!!!!"* This would ideally have been a crane shot, maybe even in the rain.

That would have really helped the movie.

I did like the idea of the Q gadgeteer monks though.

* Sometimes I do this as a general cry of outrage. Try it! It's fun. VAN HELSING!!!!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's it! Just out of spite, I'm going to watch this movie the next time I have the chance, and I'm going to enjoy it, dammit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João 'Finding a new way to make you WTF today' Marum
Portugal
Loulé
Algarve
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tatoolo wrote:
That's it! Just out of spite, I'm going to watch this movie the next time I have the chance, and I'm going to enjoy it, dammit.

Good luck with that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Sol
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
All engines full to awesome land!
badge
*tap* *tap* Is this thing on?
mbmbmbmbmb
tatoolo wrote:

I dare you enjoy it. It is impossible

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tatoolo wrote:

What...what have I done? It was terrible. cry

That said, it's the best movie about Van Helsing I've ever seen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.