Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Jackson
United States
Belfair
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

My copy of FoF will arrive tomorrow in the mail. I'm anxious to get this game on the table, but more than a little leary about the expected learning curve. I caught part of the GMT walk-through last night, but unfortunately was late. I picked up a little feel for the game, but there seemed to be quite a bit of lag and well, ventrillo seems to confuse things a bit.

So, I am ready to make someone a deal: Meet me on Vassal and walk me through a game. I will play and you observe, answer questions, explain things, make suggestions, etc.

In exchange for being my tutor, I will ship you (at my expense) this game:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/13816

It's a neat little game. Hard to come by. Un-punched and un-played. I've got a ton of CW games and I don't see this one getting on the table any time soon.

If you are interested, PM me or email me. Now for the disclaimer :-)

The tutor must:

- Have a good understanding of Feild of Fire rules and gameplay (Normandy experience only OK)

- Must be able to accomodate my schedule (Pacific Standard Time, weekdays after 7:00PM and weekends pretty much any time)

- Must be familiar with the Vassal Module for FoF

- Must be willing and able to hook up on Skype or Ventrillo and have the appropriate hardware (mic and speakers) to do so

- English speaking is necessary

That's about all I can think of. If you are interested or have questions, let me know.

Doug

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Jones
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd take you up on it, but I'm on your end of the learning curve.

Hope you get a taker though, damned fine idea. I might copy it if I get stuck in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Lacock
United States
Wylie
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be happy to meet you on vent and talk you through playing a game. I'm not a VASSAL master but could figure it out. The main thing I could offer is just talking through what you do and why.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Jackson
United States
Belfair
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CaanDo wrote:
I'd be happy to meet you on vent and talk you through playing a game. I'm not a VASSAL master but could figure it out. The main thing I could offer is just talking through what you do and why.

Great Ron! Ricky Gray emailed me first I think, so he has the "initiative" . If he passes, I will take you up on the offer.

Awesome! Thanks Guys!

Doug

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.