GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,488 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Pandemic: On the Brink» Forums » Rules

Subject: Clarification on "Rapid Vaccine Delployment" special event... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Clague
New Zealand
Hamilton
Waikato
flag msg tools
badge
I can see my house from here!
mbmbmbmbmb
When using the 'Rapid Vaccine Deployment' special event card to remove 5 cubes immediately after a cure is discovered, the five cities need to be 'linked'. My question is do they need to be linked just to each other, or to the research station where the cure if found?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barney Bustoffson
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't believe they need to be linked to the research station, since that isn't specifically called out on the card. Just linked to each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Just to each other. See page 4, Rapid Vaccine Deployment, for the definition and an example of being connected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Clague
New Zealand
Hamilton
Waikato
flag msg tools
badge
I can see my house from here!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Loo
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have another question for 'Rapid Vaccine Deployment'

The card says to "Play immediately after a cure if found...etc.". Doesn't it mean that you have to be incredibly lucky to use this card; having someone have the card in hand, and wait for someone to cure the disease and then immediately playing it? In my playthroughs this scenario has never happened (in the order described/implied by the card) so it feels like this card is 'useless':\

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Esplin wrote:
I have another question for 'Rapid Vaccine Deployment'

The card says to "Play immediately after a cure if found...etc.". Doesn't it mean that you have to be incredibly lucky to use this card; having someone have the card in hand, and wait for someone to cure the disease and then immediately playing it? In my playthroughs this scenario has never happened (in the order described/implied by the card) so it feels like this card is 'useless':\

It happens all the time. Sure, you have to take up a slot in your hand until a cure is found, but I've seen it used effectively to take care of hard to get to trouble spots. (Works well with purple).

A little specific, yes, but definitely not useless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Loo
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cheng wrote:
It happens all the time. Sure, you have to take up a slot in your hand until a cure is found, but I've seen it used effectively to take care of hard to get to trouble spots. (Works well with purple).

A little specific, yes, but definitely not useless.

But I would much rather use that slot for a city card that holding RVD and hoping I can use it. Wouldn't it be better treat the cubes manually, as when a cure is found all cubes are removed when treating and the medic automatically treats cities he enter, assuming there is a medic in the game, even if the cubes are running out. Although I do see its potential, I just feel like the stars have to line up for the card to be effective

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.