Subject: Innsmouth Look in Other Worlds rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Jones
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Hello,

There's a Mythos Card that instructs the first player to draw an Innsmouth Look card. If the first player is in an OW, and has the Innsmouth Look, what happens to the Deep One that's supposed to appear? While there normally aren't monsters in OWs, that's because you normally don't get them except in encounters, in which case they either get captured as monster trophies or sent back to the monster cup. Does your Deep One just sit around in Yuggoth, waiting for the next investigator to come through?

(Not just hypothetical, this just happened to me.)

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
adulcimist wrote:
Hello,

There's a Mythos Card that instructs the first player to draw an Innsmouth Look card. If the first player is in an OW, and has the Innsmouth Look, what happens to the Deep One that's supposed to appear? While there normally aren't monsters in OWs, that's because you normally don't get them except in encounters, in which case they either get captured as monster trophies or sent back to the monster cup. Does your Deep One just sit around in Yuggoth, waiting for the next investigator to come through?

(Not just hypothetical, this just happened to me.)

Thanks!

Do what you can of what you'd normally do when you get the Look, ignore monster placement would be my way to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought we had an answer to this but I don't see it anywhere now. Maybe it was just speculation, but I thought it went to a location in Arkham that corresponds to your Gate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
I thought we had an answer to this but I don't see it anywhere now. Maybe it was just speculation, but I thought it went to a location in Arkham that corresponds to your Gate.

And if no such gate exists (unlikely, but possible)? LiTaS ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:

And if no such gate exists (unlikely, but possible)? LiTaS ?

Maybe. Though I would just place it at the location of the First Player's choice as if he were coming back from LiTaS like normal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
ignore monster placement would be my way to go.

Seconded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Jones
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Hmm - so the newly transformed Deep One either hobbles off into the OW, never to be seen again, or eventually wanders back into Arkham. I guess either of those would make sense. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob T
United States
Mantua (near Woodbury)
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe he should appear at his new 'home' at Yha N'Thlei?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.