Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Basil
United States
Clayton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
....but is it worth $100? I keep seeing this game and wanted some of the more experienced players thoughts.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Worth a $100? Probably not. I think it is a really good game. I see it as an advanced Ticket to Ride - especially when I have 6 players. I think I paid around $60 and felt it was a good purchase at that price.

The question would be how much value do you put on each play of a game and how many plays you think you will get in. If that amount is over $100, then the value should be worth it to you.

I sometimes say a $1.00 a player an hour is a good gauge for me. So at an hour and a half a game and mostly playing 6 players with this, I think $9.00 a full game is a decent gauge. I played my copy 6 times. So I am a little light at $54 vs $60 paid. But like I said, I feel I got my value out of it already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Corrie
United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/48277/item/1095746#item109...

Currently at $52, and it's a steal at that price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Anderson
United States
Herriman
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's my #1 favorite game and highly recommended. Rumor has it that Alan Moon will release a new/modified edition "someday" (it's been rumored for at least 2-3 years).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't this functionally equivalent to Airlines? There's a copy of that in the marketplace for $30.

I picked up Airlines for $20 at a game auction at Endgame in Oakland and love it, but for some reason most of the people in my group never want to play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendahl Johnson
United States
Syracuse
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played for the first time over the Christmas holiday and have to say this game is as good as advertised. Can't wait to play it again...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.