Dominion: Seaside» Forums » General

Subject: My groups favorite configuration. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Bowman
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
To close out or most recent session, my group decided to try and make up a set for just pure fun. We liked the set so much that we actually played 3 more games before calling it a night.

I have never written one of these before so please be kind to me.

Festival
Throne Room
Bridge
Nobles
Duke
Steward
Wharf
Pirate Ship
Caravan

Last Card:

Game 1: Chapel,
Game 2: Smugglers
Game 3: Village
Game 4: Tribute

It was a 4 player game, and in game we had chapel. The first game was a total blast. Everyone just absolutely loved this setup. Every card was used and the game was extremely close with each person in the group winning one game. There were so many different stratgies used, with no single card except throne room being depleted, and yes Throne Room was depleted each game. Now for the second game since everyone went for chapel early, we decided to take it out and put in Smugglers. This was even more fun as two times a Province did get smuggled, and that just made the whole table roar with laughter, and the one that got smuggled on rant and curse at the smuggler. And for the third game we replaced Smugglers with Village. And last game we tried Tribute, and weren't quite as happy with it as the other three we tried out. If there had been one more game, we were gonna try Salvager. The reason I'm writing this as this was by far the most pure fun i've had yet with the game. Everyone was going for different cards and strategies. And even the one guy that isn't a big fan, loved it this time, he even moved from just buying silver and actually got fully into the game.

My group said that we will definetly be using this setup again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds like you had great fun, and that is always great to have!

But how did you smuggle a province? I thought the Smuggler was limited up to value 6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Solamar wrote:
But how did you smuggle a province? I thought the Smuggler was limited up to value 6.

Festival - Throne Room - Bridge - Smuggler ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
Throne Room - Throne Room - Bridge - Smuggler can get you two Provinces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Waller
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But you can't play a card four time using two throne rooms, can you? After having doubleplayed it the first time, it's no longer in your hand!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You use the first Throne Room to double-play the second Throne Room. You use the first play of the second Throne Room to double-play the Bridge. You use the second play of the second Throne Room to double-play the Smuggler. There's no need to play anything four times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Wene
United States
Unspecified
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Solamar wrote:

I think you are right. You cannot plays Smugglers to get a Province since the card specfically says the value of the gained card must be 6 or less, not the amount that you actually pay for it.

I don't have the cards handy to confirm. I guess it would dependant on how specifically the Smugglers card is worded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The question of whether Bridge combos with Smuggler to gain Provinces has already been answered elsewhere. The answer is that they do.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/4119500#4119500

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.