Subject: What are the best Battlelore expansions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Morgan
United States
Simi Valley
CA
flag msg tools
I am wary of expansions because in my experience they have more often than not been overpriced with little to add, and sometimes even spoil the game so become a complete waste of money.

But Battlelore has so many expansions surely there are some must haves? I would wade through the reviews of each one but was wondering if some of you who have one or more expansions would be able to advise me on whether there are any that do add great value to the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr ?
United States
Midwest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoy the goblin packs myself as well as the call to arms which allows for some customization. I am also really looking forward to creatures as it will add a few battlefield stomping behmoths for more variety.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Ristow
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Battlelore was what got my wife brave enough to try Commands and Colors Ancients. I got Battlelore with several expansions in a trade deal and we made it through all of the base scenarios, but after trying C&C:A, she doesn't want to go back to it!
I'd say C&C:A makes a great expansion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Robert
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought Battlelore myself a few months ago, and have done a bit of research on the expansions myself. In my opinion, Call to Arms seems to be the most worthwile, purely in terms of hours of gameplay added. It allows you to deploy customized armies in a balanced way, rather than depending on the scenarios. It's the first expansion I will be getting after we've played all the base scenarios. After that, probably Heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer medieval rather than fantasy battles, so I prefer the Hundred Years War expansion. Scottish Wars includes human knights which are also useful. Call to Arms lets you put together ad-hoc battles, which is worth doing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.