Subject: Ops Ex rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D L
Malaysia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the Operations Expert need to have the card of the city he is currently in in his hand in order to build a research station there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Nope. The base game ops expert is weak enough as it is (that's why they beefed him up in On The Brink), that requirement would make him borderline useless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thatmarkguy wrote:
Nope. The base game ops expert is weak enough as it is (that's why they beefed him up in On The Brink), that requirement would make him borderline useless.
Wouldn't that make him COMPLETELY USELESS as far as special abilities go? If he needed the matching card of the city he's building a res. station in (I'm assuming it's implied that it had to be discarded), then he's no better than the other roles in building res. stations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
thatmarkguy wrote:
Wouldn't that make him COMPLETELY USELESS as far as special abilities go? If he needed the matching card of the city he's building a res. station in (I'm assuming it's implied that it had to be discarded), then he's no better than the other roles in building res. stations.

Eh, I think teh implication was that the card would have to be held, but would still be kept (like On The Brink's Troubleshooter's Direct Flight action). So it would be largely useless but not 100% redundant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D L
Malaysia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thatmarkguy wrote:
ackmondual wrote:
thatmarkguy wrote:

Eh, I think teh implication was that the card would have to be held, but would still be kept (like On The Brink's Troubleshooter's Direct Flight action). So it would be largely useless but not 100% redundant.

That's what I meant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is what I play.
badge
Vegatable Alien is perlexed by slab of meat.
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I gathered from the rules (and this is how I play him) is that the Operations Expert can build a research facility in the city he is currently but doesn't require that city's card.

In other words, he can build in whatever city he is in just because, no card necessary!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barney Bustoffson
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deathstroke wrote:
From what I gathered from the rules (and this is how I play him) is that the Operations Expert can build a research facility in the city he is currently but doesn't require that city's card.

In other words, he can build in whatever city he is in just because, no card necessary!

That is right. And if he's in a city with a research station, and can discard any city card in hand to travel to any city (not just the one he discarded).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Clague
New Zealand
Hamilton
Waikato
flag msg tools
badge
I can see my house from here!
mbmbmbmbmb
Bustoffson wrote:
And if he's in a city with a research station, and can discard any city card in hand to travel to any city (not just the one he discarded).

That is correct, for the OTB version of the OpEx.;
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.