1 Posts

Warhammer: Invasion» Forums » Reviews

Subject: I like this game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Martin
United States
flag msg tools
The only problem with this game is my wife thinks it has too many rules.

Other than that, this game is great!

I've bought the core set, and I'm looking forward to the other Battle Packs.

My thoughts:

First of all, this is like a nice glass of Red Wine. You need to let it breath to appreciate it's full contours.

My first experience with this game was a bit of a brick wall because of all the rules. I've recently entered gaming after a long hiatus. Luckily, there is a very informative tutorial for this game at FFG's website. If you are considering purchasing this game, I strongly recommend you review this tutorial.

After understanding the rules and now having a few games under my belt, my gut reaction is this is a gamers' game.

The mechanics are wonderful. There are many different choices to make and it is important to understand the strenghs and weaknesses of each race to employ an effective strategy. I didn't have all the race's nuance's at my finger tips for the first times I've played, but while you play your first games the strategies will start to reveal themselves.

The components are very cool. The artwork, which has been commented on extensively at this site, lives up to it's reputation. The artwork on the cards give the game a look and feel which matches it's theme.

As I mentioned earlier, I only have the core set. But I can clearly see that with some expansion sets I will be able to develop decks that will lead to exciting games.

I may give another review after I feel experienced enough to warrant another one, but for now I look forward to hours of gaming.

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.