Ben Kirman
United Kingdom
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I picked up this game at Essen and we managed to get it to the table recently, but one thing that stood out was that in our first game, we had no idea which units to pick for our 60 point army, so were immediately confused about the relative merits of the units, and how they should be stacked.

I think it would be really handy if someone could post a balanced example OOB for both armies to be used for a first game. Ideally this would list not only the troops picked, but also the units they belong to and the initial positions on the battlefield.

I would have a go, but I'm not sure I could make it very balanced

FWIW I love the game: neat, simple and quick to play. Great job! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Mori
Italy
Parma
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a good request! I think I've never played with the same army twice in a row, so I don't have a 'typical army', but I understand that having some hints and suggestions could be useful in the first games!

I will work out with Francesco a balanced celt and roman army and post them here. I would also like to know about your lists and your tactics used during the battles!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any idea when the game will be available in N.America?

We'd love to be wrestling with these questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Mori
Italy
Parma
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You should ask Zev. I think it was scheduled for november...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zev Shlasinger
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We will have the game at BGG.con. The bulk of the shipment is, I believe, coming in about 1-2 weeks. So it should be in stores before end of this month or 1st week of December.

Zev Shlasinger, President
Z-Man Games, Inc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hamrick
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zev had copies at EuroQuest and I bought one. Haven't played it yet, but after reading the rules my FIRST thought was, "where is a pre-set" for newbies. I would also like to see a suggested "first game set-up" for both sides. That would give new players a feel for what the armies can do, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Mori
Italy
Parma
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the wait, I did not forget this thread. Here you are two simple armies for the Celt and for the Roman. Both armies are 60 pts and have few traits to remember. I don't give any hint regarding the deployment, just be sure to place something in each sector!

Each troop is identified by his code.

ROMANS

21-23-24 (three archers, shooting only unit)
14-20-22 (an auxiliary and two archers)
28-29-30 (three cavalries, the core unit of the army)
8-12-19 (a praetorian, a legionnaire and an auxiliary)
7-11-15 (same as above)
16 (legionnaire)
17 (legionnaire)
13 (auxiliary) (note: feel free to keep these three troops together if you prefer)
5 (ballista: please keep in the rear!)

CELTS

7-19-16 (javelinmen, noblemen cavalry, noblemen)
8-17-26 (javelinmen, noblemen cavalry, warband)
20-25-27 (a nobleman and two warbands)
9-21-23 (a javelinman and two slingers)
10-22-24 (same as above)
5-18 (a gesaeta and a nobleman)
3 (chariot)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is very helpful.

Before folks start going with the "where is the Druid?" type questions, I would underline that you've answered the specific request.

This does not claim to be an ideal or the 'most powerful' set up, but is a STARTER set up for folks trying a first game. Minimal special powers (traits) and minimal trait interaction difficulties ("what happens when my X meets your Y and Z?")

I was thinking this game would be a natural for con demos and early on recognized it would be much, much smoother if the armies were 'pre-set" for that first game so that players could get in to the game and system before muddling over the details. This could serve as the idea starting point.

Grazie!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.