Bedlam: The Countdown» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Bidding, Bluffing, Bashing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Tullsen
United States
flag msg tools
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!

Every turn, you get 10,000 dollars to bid with. This money can be saved up from turn to turn. In the beginning, you can only bid low for the characters. But later on , you can bid with saved up cash. I have 3 characters that are unactivated, and ready for action. My Thief character gets me an extra 2,000 at the start of my turn. I actually kept this guy till the end of the game.

Normally, your "hand limit" is only 5. You can switch out old, used characters if you want. for new characters if you want. But I have Right Hand Man so I can have 8 characters in play. Note that I have not used any of them. If a character has been activated, you would put your money on top of the card, showing he could not be activated again.

But of course there is an exception to every rule. The Secret Contact character allows me to take the money off of any character, This means I can activate him again. I had saved up almost 40,000 dollars at this point. Suddenly, I used it all, buying characters, activating characters, and doing attacks.

But it wasn't enough. 7 bullet holes on the event card triggered the end of the game. and we finished the round. My opponents didn't have enough to activate their defensive characters, so I was able to take out some high scoring characters. I only had a few scoring icons though, so I didn't win.

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Gonzalez López
msg tools
Hello. If I could have help my. I am Spanish and I have little idea of ​​speaking English, so sorry about the spelling errors.

I have some questions about this game, "Bedlam: The Countdown".

First do not quite understand how to calculate the final score. I have understood that it is the sum of the power points earned, the points of power that give the icons to points made ​​by the one with less money and the money is on the cards (money that is made to activate ).

I have no clear meaning of the star icon. If you do not pay its activation cost teine ​​not much difference with the exclamation icon, right?.

I am also not clear who gets the benefits of the cards that are controlled and activated by a player on the other.

Another question, what happens to the money that is put on the cards to be activated?

To get rid of a character card terms do exactly?

Does the letter characters "Media Contact, Static" removes any character card money even if another character?

With the letter "Pawn. Mimi Something-or-Other" is selected a character controlled by another player. You pay money, but who?. Then the player who controls the character tries to match the payment. But can the free activities.

Thank you very much.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.