1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » West

Subject: Game Day in Lawndale, California (Sat 21 Nov 2009, 1PM-5PM) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Klaus Brune
United States
flag msg tools
There will be a Game Day event at the Lawndale Christian Church (just off the 405 near the Hawthorne Blvd exit), from 1PM to 5PM.

Note that gamers are welcome (hence the post here) though be aware that this is a community outreach program, so (1) there will be kids, and (2) there will be non-gamers eager to learn, so be ready to go into instructor-mode for your favorites if you're bringing 'em.

Ideally we'd like to have several tables of gateway games for newbies, perhaps the SAME gateway game (say, Catan, Carcassonne, and/or Ticket to Ride) so that winners can play winners and losers can play losers in multiple rounds. I'm planning for at least one table of PitchCar, though that's tentative as of now.

Typical "bait" games will be present, like Tsuro and Sorry! Sliders, along with a few other tile-laying favorites like Taluva and Tigris & Euphrates (I know - can't believe I just mentioned those two in the same sentence, though I guess I'm one of the odd birds that loves 'em both)

RSVP is optional but appreciated so we can plan the game schedules and have enough snacks (hot dogs and other goodies will be available).

Here's the address...

Lawndale Christian Church
4234 W. 147th St.
Lawndale, CA 90260

And here's a link to the Google Map for directions...
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.