Popular Tags: [View All]
Laszlo Molnar
Hungary
Budapest
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't happen too often, but it has already occured in one of our games: the new card created three empty corners of different-colored cards so 3 cities had to be placed.
When you place 2 cities at the same time, you can look at the second city to decide where to put the first city card. But what happens in case of 3 cities? Can you see only the next city or you can see 3 cities at the same time and decide?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Binning
United States
Rollinsville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rules in front of me, but the way I recall we interpreted them was that you draw one, see the next, which can influence placement of the first, but then place the first before drawing the second, which reveals the third card.

Not sure if that's correct, but that's how we've been playing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Stegman
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would have to agree with this.

The reason you can see both the city you are placing and the next city is that you are supposed to play with the city deck face-up.

I would say there is no function in the rules for seeing more than the top card of the face-up city deck so you would not get to see third city until after the first city is placed and the second city is drawn.

I.e., it is not a rule per se that, when placing two cities, allows you see both cities but the effect of playing with a face-up deck. I would think that absent a rule stating otherwise, you should just play that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sight Reader
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
EvanMinn wrote:
I would say there is no function in the rules for seeing more than the top card of the face-up city deck so you would not get to see third city until after the first city is placed and the second city is drawn.

BTW, what would the game be like if the top 2 or 3 cities were always visible? Would it totally ruin it? I don't own the game, so I have no idea how all this works out...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.