Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kelvin Chung
United States
San Bruno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have kept track of my Complete Scenario and Variant Guide (available at http://homepage.mac.com/kelvSYC/catan-guide.xhtml), you might know that I've recently finished v0.8. You might also know that I'm currently soliciting helpers of all kinds for v0.9.

As a BGG exclusive, I have a beta of the new Volume 2 for 0.9, titled "The First Island". I haven't started revising any volume
Spoiler (click to reveal)
other than the Bonus Volume
since the release of v0.8.

http://homepage.mac.com/kelvSYC/catan-scenario-vol2-0.9b1.pd...

I've been told that there is an upcoming English version of the Encyclopedia Catanica (which should be, when it is done, the authority on all things Catan), so ultimately the final 0.9 might not be available until after then.

Please make any suggestions to this beta, the guide in this general, or to the Catan Card Game Guide of Miscellany (http://homepage.mac.com/kelvSYC/catan-miscellany-0.5b1.pdf) to this thread. I hope that this guide can be one that the Settlers community can get behind.

EDIT: fixed the link to the guide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robby Timmermans
Belgium
Wellen
flag msg tools
badge
-- -- parkibricks -- --
mbmbmbmbmb
kelvSYC wrote:

Not found error cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lauren Stein
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just tried it now; worked fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robby Timmermans
Belgium
Wellen
flag msg tools
badge
-- -- parkibricks -- --
mbmbmbmbmb
lflurie wrote:

Strange, here the other 2 links work fine, but the beta link keeps showing not found.zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lauren Stein
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fatum wrote:
lflurie wrote:

Strange, here the other 2 links work fine, but the beta link keeps showing not found.zombie

whistle or I somehow managed to try the wrong link.

Yeah, doesn't work. Sorry!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelvin Chung
United States
San Bruno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The link's fixed now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robby Timmermans
Belgium
Wellen
flag msg tools
badge
-- -- parkibricks -- --
mbmbmbmbmb
kelvSYC wrote:
The link's fixed now.

Thanks! I'll check it out tomorrow.

Any plans on including scenarios and variants for 2 players (especially wit traders and barbarians) ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelvin Chung
United States
San Bruno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's on my long-term list - providing combinations of Catan for Two and various scenarios (especially with T&B, as that's what Catan for Two is part of). Official 2-player scenarios are hard to come by (as for a long time, IIRC, they did push the Catan Card Game as a definitive 2-player version).

There are no plans for fan scenarios of any kind
Spoiler (click to reveal)
except in the bonus volume, and that's only among those authors who have published official scenarios
, so the selection of 2-player scenarios will be quite slim.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelvin Chung
United States
San Bruno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just an update with regards to two-player scenarios:

My v0.9b2 (coming soon to BGGers) has Cf2 setups for most compatible scenarios (with rule modifications - I'm leaving out ones where Cf2 rules are disjoint from other scenarios, as is the policy with, say, anything with New World or anything with Heading for New Shores). It's not too ready for beta-testing, as there are a few weird rule anomalies that I hope I can get answered - it's generally relating to Barbarian Attack + Cf2 + C&K + another scenario (Pirate Islands or T&B), where a few rules clash (actually, Pirate Islands + Cf2 itself is iffy, as is BA + T&B + C&K), and I want to get them resolved before releasing it.

Not to mention the general issue of how to do a "general variable setup" for the neutrals with Cf2 + Seafarers, which is never mentioned in the Englsh manual, the German manual, or Catan-News '06. (Does each player just "plunk one down"? Is there any restrictions?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Wu
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I never knew that apple started hosting complete scenario guides for settlers...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelvin Chung
United States
San Bruno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All MobileMe users can host websites on me.com (simply place files in the Sites folder on the iDisk). Those with MobileMe accounts dating back to the iTools and .Mac days can access the page at homepage.mac.com as well as homepage.me.com, while newer accounts only get the latter.

In other news, I haven't had too much time to work on it in a bit, though some stuff was cleaned up (BA + T&B + Cf2 as well as BA + T&B + C&K are both pretty lost causes, so the Seafarers volume, save the Cf2-Seafarers additions is more or less done).

The First Island Volume isn't anywhere near done. I added Lage Landen some time ago, and there's at least one game that I'd like to add before the next beta, that being Nürnberg (time permitting, though).

The rest of the volumes probably won't see any real changes until the English EC or the next big expansion/rule change comes out (would it hurt to have SDE 5-6?), though it's probably a long time before that happens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.