Subject: Card Distribution rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clifton Furr
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How many booster or starter boxes would be needed to complete a set of the Limited edition? Also what about Chameleon or Phoenix sets? Are we talking 10-12, or 1-2 boxes?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't remember the expansion sets being too problematic to put together. After all, there are no true rares (if I remember right). I think it took just a single booster box each. The base edition is a little bit more difficult. I don't have all of my Wyvern stuff handy at the moment to know for sure. I'll try to dig out my records this weekend and get back to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This took a little longer than expected. Hope it is not too late.

Limited:

R1 38
R2 40
R3 1

Basically, your set is going to be limited by the R1 cards. For practical purposes, you will need to collect an entire sheet's worth of rares to get a set, which is 121 cards. That is 121 boosters to have an even chance of getting a complete set. Due to the vagaries of distribution I would expect to need about twice that many boosters. Of course, you may get lucky. If I remember right, Wyvern booster boxes contained 36 boosters.

Phoenix and Chameleon:
There were no true rares in these sets. There were, however, four uncommons that were a little more uncommon than any of the others and were generally thought of as rare. There were 90 total cards in each set. Basically, you need 121 uncommons to have a even chance to put together a set and expect about twice that to have more reasonable chance. Boosters have 8 cards with 60 packs per box. Not sure what the distribition was within the packs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bohannon
United States
Wake Forest
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted a card list for Phoenix that I got off U.S Games Systems website a few years ago.

Wyvern Phoenix Card List

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
markbo wrote:
I posted a card list for Phoenix that I got off U.S Games Systems website a few years ago.

Wyvern Phoenix Card List

That's pretty much the same list I have. It's not technically correct, since the "rares" are actually uncommons, something that was widely acknowledged at the time. They are printed one each on the uncommon sheet and take up uncommon slots in the booster packs. They are just the U1 cards of the set. All of the others are U2 or above. That is the information I would really like to get.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hicks
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
also what is the distribution of cards in a Starter Deck? I found them for 3.99/box and was wondering would it be just as good as a Booster Box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
xaer0knight wrote:
also what is the distribution of cards in a Starter Deck? I found them for 3.99/box and was wondering would it be just as good as a Booster Box.

Limited Edition had 2 rares per starter deck instead of the usual 3 rares per starter that most CCG's have (and 12 decks/box meant 24 rares), so fewer than a booster box. But, if your starter boxes are $3.99 each I'm guessing you're looking on TrollAndToad.com, where booster boxes are $8. If you bought $8 worth of starer boxes you'd have 48 rares instead of 36.

And on a side note, Premiere Limited wasn't very thoroughly sorted; I've gotten starters with four rares in them and two or four of the same cards. They weren't very sorted when they made them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Mattes
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
According to this website: http://www.disobey.com/detergent/lists/ccgs/, the starters contain two rares, while the boosters contain 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.