Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
On the clue cards that say either within or not within 2 spaces, does that count just the straight lines our of the space, or does it count the hexes between those as well? We played that it also incorporated the hexes between as they are within the 2 hex space limit.

Thanks for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten ◄► Wesel
Germany
Pinneberg-Quellental
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stormseeker75 wrote:
We played that it also incorporated the hexes between as they are within the 2 hex space limit.
Me too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Caple
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Notts.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep that's how we played it as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Sutherland
United Kingdom
(just) West of London
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only played once but that was our interpretation (1 space is certainly within (or not within) 2 spaces).

Edited to get the correct parenthesis in place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dicky P
United Kingdom
West
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stormseeker75 wrote:
On the clue cards that say either within or not within 2 spaces, does that count just the straight lines our of the space, or does it count the hexes between those as well? We played that it also incorporated the hexes between as they are within the 2 hex space limit.

Thanks for your help!

I am not sure that it makes a difference but is your question about whether you have straight line of hexes or kinked from the base hex.

We think of/play this rule more in terms of rings around the base hex. The level one ring is one space away, level two is the full ring two space away. So for these cards provided you in (or out !) of those two rings you are okay.

So yes we play that the "hexes between" in ring two are part of the condition card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Richtberg
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Boom04 wrote:

We think of/play this rule more in terms of rings around the base hex. The level one ring is one space away, level two is the full ring two space away. So for these cards provided you in (or out !) of those two rings you are okay.

So yes we play that the "hexes between" in ring two are part of the condition card.

Hi all,

that's the right interpretation. Think of rings around the base hex ;)
Oliver, Zoch Verlag
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you everybody. I appreciate your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Zander
United States
Unspecified
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
On the clue cards that say either within or not within 2 spaces, does that count just the straight lines our of the space, or does it count the hexes between those as well?

As long as you realize that ocean spaces are NOT hexes and actually block the counting of hexes through them, within two spaces is actually one or two spaces. Also note that 'one space from', or 'one or two spaces from' means that the treasure can be in that space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
spectrum wrote:
Also note that 'one space from', or 'one or two spaces from' means that the treasure can be in that space.

Incorrect. The rules say

Quote:
Important: With Card Types 2 and 3, the treasure cannot be located within the landmark, e.g. the card "Next to the jungle" eliminates all jungle spaces as possible treasure locations.

The cards that say that the treasure is not within one or two spaces of X do allow the treasure to be in X.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Zander
United States
Unspecified
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the correction. That is what I had meant to say.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.