Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Holden
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Could someone describe Incursion gameplay, comment on experiences, or possibly post a review? I haven't been able to find much from people who've played it, but would love to hear.

Also, I noticed this game has 4 votes for "best with 2" and zero votes for all other options. Can anyone comment on 3 or 4 player experience?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Sperling
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't done a review before (because of my poorer englishcry ), but I can try to give you a short description:
In Incursion you spend action points to act with your units and achieve a goal, like killing all enemies or escaping with your units. Just like in other games of this genre.
Combat is simple: just roll the appropriate dice (the better the weapon the more dice are rolled) and compare the result to the targets (so called) Fortitude.

A specialty in Incursion is the use of Battle and Model Cards:
With Battle Cards you can strengthen your own or weaken enemy units (like low on ammo).
Each model has also a corresponding card with all stats listed, like armament and so on.
The good thing is, that you can customize your own force to play a mission, because every model has a cost value to purchase it. The so called Requisition Point. Maybe comparable to tabletop games.
So you can choose if you want to douse your enemy with a tide of Sturmzombies or terrorize him with a force of Blitzhounds.

The game also uses Command Points, but this points are also used to determine who goes first (through a bidding system), a nice feature.

The missions are organized in an increasing level:
the first missions use only a few models and the last involve many more units. That makes it easier to get into the game (but rules are easy anyway).

What I really like is, that every unit and character has the "right feel": A "Grunt APE" e.g. with his advanced armor, plays
like a 1 man fortress. This guy (armed to the teeth with LMG and Grenades) can kill Sturmzombies like flies before he goes down.
Or Hans the Hunter (a really big nasty guy) can harpoon enemies, pull them in and crush their heads with his (big!)pliers.
So, you can try out many different tactics.

Gameplay is hard and fast!
And after all the seeting is really awesome (at last for me).

Edit: I have only experiences with 2 player games so far, so I can't
give you a comment about 3 or 4 player games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maik Wiechmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
l10n0fjudah wrote:
Could someone post a review?

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/495404/we-got-zeds

There you go :)
Honestly, I don't think more than 2 Players works for Incursion as it is now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.