War of the Ring (First Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: reinforcements rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Castellanos
msg tools
playing four player game:

rules say you can muster new units in any friendly and free settlement:

friendly - does this mean i can muster units in my teammate's settlements?

free - what does this mean? i assumed it meant not beseiged

more specifically, i was wondering if the nation of the unit affects where it can be mustered. can i only muster elves in elvish lands? but if i capture enemy settlements can i not muster there? what nations can muster there?

basically it seemed to me that the nation type of the unit didn't really matter since they are all the same strength and can muster in any friendly settlement... so i didn't have to worry about running out of dwarves specifically, just whether i was running out of regulars, elites, or leaders (for rohan, north, dwarves combined since i was playing player 2 on the good side). is this wrong?
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
flag msg tools
"All newly recruited units and Leaders are taken from the player’s available reinforcements and can only be placed in a City, Town, or Stronghold of the Nation to which the unit belongs." (p. 12)

"• You cannot muster or recruit troops in a Settlement captured by the
enemy (i.e., currently occupied by enemy units or containing an Enemy
Control marker);
• You cannot muster troops in a Stronghold besieged (see later) by the
enemy, unless you are recruiting with an Event Card;" (p. 12)

Nation and Units must match (barring Event cards).
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.