1 Posts

Scotland Yard» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Police come through at the last possible second. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Henry
United States
flag msg tools
Last night was my first large game of Scotland Yard. I had played a few 1 v. 1 games times to warm up my evasion skills and was fairly confident I could escape three rookie detectives. I explained the rules, dealt out the tickets and the chase was on!

The detectives began placed liberally around the board. I begin on the far right side and one the 3rd turn surfaced on 118. My first double move and 2 black tickets took me down river and then a taxi into the crowded areas in the center of the board. The police focused 4 of their detectives around 118, assuming I had pulled off something tricky and stayed close to them. In a few turns when I surfaced again at 75 they we're cursing themselves and quickly scrambled back onto the undergrounds to catch up. By the time they got up to the area most of their underground resources were depleted.

Seeing their dwindling ticket supply I went for a bold and perhaps foolish move. My last double move, taxi to the tube station at 46 then take then underground to 16 and reveling there. It was a tough move to commit to. Double move and reveal on the 2nd one? It would allow me to jump over two detectives trailing close behind me. They we're tapped out as far as red tickets. If I did it they would spend 4 -5 rounds busing after me. This made me fairly confident I could get far away. And I did. With them regulated to mostly Bus and Taxi tickets I was just going to take the Underground as far as I could and wait them out. The red detective was left behind in the north to prevent a double back, and the rest headed south. A round about loop had me reveal on the tube station at 163.

This is where I noticed that I would have to reveal on my last move, meaning I need to have some distance between them and myself after that last move. I decided cutting thought the park on the right hand side was my best bet. If I could lure them all to the south I could slip thought there. The North would be a safe hideout.

Coming into the last set of moves the gumshoes had built a tight dragnet from one corner of the park down towards the south. At this point Red was so far removed he was basically out of the game. I started to work towards the park, towards freedom. 140 -120 -121 All under black moves. Blue's final Underground ticket landed her at 163, to close for comfort. With two moves to go, Detective Yellow @ 123 stated he was going to go cover the park entrance. I was trapped! The way out was cut off. All I could do now was play the odds. The area was swarming with badges. But there way no way out! I was helplessly cornered on 121 with one move to go. I would either rush into Yellow at 122 go back to 121 and be nabbed by Purple, who was sitting on 144 or suffer the same fate at 145. I had led my self into a corner. The jig was up.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.