Airborne in my Pocket» Forums » News

Subject: 33 ratings! Woo-hoo! ABimP is ranked! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Emmanuel Aquin
flag msg tools
And D-Day Dice, too!
I'm an "A"vatar.
Many thanks to the all the users who have rated the game. I hope you'll keep doing this for your other games as well. And now, ABimP is now part of the big family of ranked games. Huzzah!

Of course, its ranking is awful if you compare it to its rating. Why? I found this answer in BGG's guide:

"The User Ratings are also used to determine the Rank of a game in the BGG database. Only games that have at least 30 User Ratings are eligible for Ranking and to the User Ratings are added a number of "dummy" ratings, which are then used to produce a new average Rating. This is the rating that shows up in BGG searches and the number can, and does, vary from the Average Rating. In effect the "dummy" ratings move a game's average towards the norm of all games on the database - making games with few votes but very high ratings lower ranked than games with many more ratings but a lower Average Rating. (If you want to know more about this process, search on "Bayesian" within BGG.)"

Yep. It seems the system added 300+ ratings of 5.5. So we need additional ratings to balance these stupid duds. So come on! We just need 5000 more ratings! I know you can do it!!

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.