Jaipur» Forums » General

Subject: 'Easter Egg' on one of the camel cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
One of the camels in this game has what appears to be a tiny dead panda strapped underneath its pack. It's too dark for me to take a picture of this 'Easter Egg', but I was more than amused to find out that there actually was something on that card after having shuffled and played with the cards more than 20 times now. I'm rather interested to hear the story behind it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Billingham
Australia
North Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A reference a game with a big panda on the front of the box...it was a close year in 2007...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maaike Fest
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Gelderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you like the game so far?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
You can read my (current) comment here. I consider this game to be well above average, and coming from me, that's a rare compliment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maaike Fest
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Gelderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great comments, you should post it as a review!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sebastien pauchon
Switzerland
vevey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Stellaris wrote:
A reference a game with a big panda on the front of the box...it was a close year in 2007...

Hello, yes exactly, the race between Zooloretto's panda and Yspahan's camels was a running gag during Summer 2007 in the French-speaking ludosphere, and the panda pelt as a good on one of the camels in Jaipur is a wink to that. ;-)

Cheers
seb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Buytaert
Belgium
Melsele
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A picture of the camel with the panda
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EXTRA AVOCADO! Sonderegger
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Use the card for a variant!
Simple, but game changing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Soot Sprite
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
s.pauchon wrote:
Hello, yes exactly, the race between Zooloretto's panda and Yspahan's camels was a running gag during Summer 2007 in the French-speaking ludosphere, and the panda pelt as a good on one of the camels in Jaipur is a wink to that. ;-)

Cheers
seb

Argh! My wife would cry if she saw this. She thinks it's a cute toy panda!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
Crescent City
Northern California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spritey wrote:
s.pauchon wrote:

Cheers
seb

Mine too. She thinks it is a pet panda!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
XIPULOXX FHTAGN!
mbmbmbmbmb
spritey wrote:
s.pauchon wrote:

Cheers
seb

laugh

Given that it's such a tiny panda, I can't see it as anything other than a toy! Though I see it does have X's in its eyes to indicate it's dead... (Dead baby panda? wow)

But yeah, very cool! Yspahan is one of my favourite games; that's one reason I was interested in Jaipur in the first place. I haven't played Zooloretto, though.

(I know this is an old thread, but I wasn't on BGG when it was active...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol i just bought the game and was wondering why the hell there was a panda on o e of the cards... Now that i hear this story i think thats pretty cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just played this game this weekend and my wife spotted the panda. She said it looked like they were packing for a little kid and said I had to come to BGG to find out what was up. It's a fun little Easter Egg.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Eades
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
So I bought this to play with my wife, and on the first game she spotted the camel that looks different. I found this thread and read it out to her, and she said "I thought it looked like a panda but I didn't realise it was dead!". The next day she asked - can we play that game with the dead panda again - I can't remember its name. So now we call it Dead Panda rather than Jaipur!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Fox
United States
Cairo
New York
flag msg tools
Scythe Rules!
badge
Being a dad rules!
mbmbmbmbmb
Being that I am realatively new to board gaming... (within the last 5 or so years) what game is this referencing?

I was given Jaipur for my Birthday, and now I am running to the box to see this card.

It's not Takenoko is it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xeserox wrote:
Being that I am realatively new to board gaming... (within the last 5 or so years) what game is this referencing?

I was given Jaipur for my Birthday, and now I am running to the box to see this card.

It's not Takenoko is it?

It's referencing Zooleretto.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.