Popular Tags: [View All]
Avri Balofsky
Israel
Tel Mond
HaSharon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Avri+ (Galahad), Mory (Palamedes), Richie (Kay), Eli P (Percival), Eliezer (Arthur), Tani (Gawain)

Once again I was dealt the traitor, I didn't even deal out the loyalty cards this time! We played with squire rules (Knights don't get their special ability until they've won a quest) to make it a little harder, and also that the cards you win after a quest is finished were handed out face down not shared face up. The second part didn't come into play very much and was probably unnecessary. I think the squire rules really bumped up the difficulty, though the black cards seemed more troublesome this time around, but it might just have seemed that way b/c we had no powers.

I finally learned how to actually be a traitor and be slightly less than helpful. 4 cards were laid down against the Saxons, but the only knight who had a 5 was using them against Lancelot. We were on the verge of losing three quests and it was quite tense. I went against every instinct and resisted rushing over to defeat the Saxons with my 5, and instead threw it out at Excalibur. In the end I won Excalibur and the knighthood to keep them both away from the other players. The only knighted players by game's end were myself, Eli P (with Lancelot's armor), and Eliezer.

As it got towards the end of the game there were a lot of siege engines out thanks to losing two wars and the black card with adds two engines. We had 4 black swords out and 5 white, but the grail quest was not anywhere near being won. On my turn I was planning a grand reveal to assure the win and crush the spirits of the knights. After Tani played I was set to put on a siege engine, accuse another night, and then play the fate card which would reveal me and force every other knight to discard 2 cards.

I was then informed that Tani had not yet taken his Heroic Action. Well... darn.

For his heroic action Tani chose to accuse me of being the traitor... lo and behold he was correct!

Even with my reveal getting messed up, the game was too far gone to be saved. Mory sacrificed his last life to try and prevent losing the game, but in the end it was to no avail. The final siege engine was laid down and Camelot fell.

Also as a side note, when Mists of Avalon came out, everybody wanted to Merlin it, but I was against it. I actually thought it was a bad idea. Turns out we were still due to lose too many quests and the game would have been ended by black swords if it had come out. I was wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.