Popular Tags: [View All]
King of the Dead
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm seeing comments that make it seem like people have been able to print and play this game but I'm not seeing anything to print...

There's the super basic rules file that's something like 3 pages but that's it.

Am I missing something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
There's links in the description to a few zip files that seem to contain the components. I have looked at the "cards" one - the various sectors. It's about 43 MB or so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Camelorn
Germany
Koblenz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have also waited for the rulebook a long time, and have not realized that it is now available, but look here (You will find the following info also on the BGG game page under More Info):

The full 0.91 PDF rule book, which includes visual examples, details on all rules, set-up check list, and advanced rules including handling Pirates. Also visit the QnA forum post here on BGG for any questions.
http://cid-bb82dbe2d8b378a3.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Pub...

Here are the cards (now redesigned) to play the game:

Here are the updated Units and Player Reference cards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Love
United States
Clarkston
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Already answered!

Yeah, the rule book is still a beta, but everything is available to play from those links. Thank you for your interest! ninja

PS:
Should I be posting links else where as well in order for easier access?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
FaydeShift wrote:
PS:

If you posted them on the Web Links area of the game page, I think they may be more visible; sometimes people (myself included) only skim the description, not realizing the links there are for the game itself, and jump straight to the files section or the links section to get the actual content for PnP games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Camelorn
Germany
Koblenz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
FaydeShift wrote:
PS:

If you posted them on the Web Links area of the game page, I think they may be more visible; sometimes people (myself included) only skim the description, not realizing the links there are for the game itself, and jump straight to the files section or the links section to get the actual content for PnP games.

Yea, and a short notice of the updates in the forum will notify all those that have subscribed this game (as me for example).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Love
United States
Clarkston
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I see. I'll do that then. Thanks for the advice.

As for posting in the forum, I thought I had posted about the rules, but it appears I have not. Sorry about the mix up. I'll do that now as well (just to get in the habit).

Thanks again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Dead
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone.

And thank you Joshua. This game looks really neat. I'm very much interested in giving it a try.

I applaud all pnp publishers. Thanks so much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Dead
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was about to print out the rulebook and was lamenting the fact that you'd included such a detailed background image. While nice looking I was thinking how bad it was going to suck to print that all out. Ink doesn't grow on trees you know... Or, maybe it does, I actually don't know where the hell it comes from...

But then I noticed the little tab below bookmarks on the side. "Hold on!" I thought to myself.

Clicking it I discovered that you can turn the different layers, including the background image, off and on at will! I'd never seen this in a PDF and I think it's fantastic that you included such a feature. I wish more people, (myself included) knew to do this.

THANK YOU AGAIN!

That's just a little bit of awesome on top of providing this game for us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Love
United States
Clarkston
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I'm glad you want to check it out. I am more than happy to listen to any kind of suggestions you may have as well.

And to note, I honestly had no idea I included a feature like that... lol. I actually have very little experience making PDF's that look good until recently when I played with a few options in Adobe Illustrator that make the quality much better and crisper. Funny how you can work with a program for years and still learn something new every time you use it...
I'm glad you can do that though! You do bring the idea of making a printer friendly version though. I'll have to do that on my day off next week.

Again, I thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.