Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Maxey
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have waffled back and forth on this rule for years. Here is the deal. Let's say a column only contains 1 foot artillery for the French and 1 foot artillery for the Allied. Can these guns fire on each other? The rule states: "7. If artillery units are entirely by themselves in a column with no infintry or cavalry support, they are engaged by enemy infintry or cavalry at double CV. The artillery units can not fire."
So the question is, are the guns not allowed to fire because they have no infintry or cavalry support or because they are engaged by enemy infintry or cavalry?
I currently play that if only guns are left in a column, they are allowed to fire but I would love to hear how others interperate this rule.
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Owen
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
goddice wrote:
I have waffled back and forth on this rule for years. Here is the deal. Let's say a column only contains 1 foot artillery for the French and 1 foot artillery for the Allied. Can these guns fire on each other? The rule states: "7. If artillery units are entirely by themselves in a column with no infintry or cavalry support, they are engaged by enemy infintry or cavalry at double CV. The artillery units can not fire."
So the question is, are the guns not allowed to fire because they have no infintry or cavalry suppurt or because they are engaged by enemy infintry or cavalry?
I currently play that if only guns are left in a column, they are allowed to fire but I would love to hear how others interperate this rule.
Thanks!

They only lose the ability to fire if engaged. Two artillery units can pop away at each other all day across the middle ground. This is consistent with how it behaves in all the other similar Columbia games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Maxey
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! That's what made sense to me but that rule book is so misleading in its wording.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.