GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,845 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

A Touch of Evil: Something Wicked Expansion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Quick fight question... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Powers
United States
Triangle
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lets assume I am playing a hero, that through some special ability/item is using Science or Spirit in fights instead of combat.

If I draw an ally like Lucy, who uses combat, may she still help me in a fight? Does the ally still get to 'throw a die'?

If the answer is yes: I also have an item that lets me re-roll all my (science or spirit) 'fight' dice that missed, do I have to keep the Ally's roll seperate as I would not be able to re-roll that one?

Am I making this more complicated that is needs to be?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Bill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that you pick one, and only one, attribute to fight with for any given attack. Lucy is not throwing dice on her own. She's giving you a bonus (which you can choose to accept or ignore) and then YOU throw the Fight Dice. If those are in combat, then they are. But if you are using Spirit to generate Fight Dice then you don't roll ANY Combat-based Fight Dice.

There're cards in Hero Pack 1 which lets you add your Cunning or Spirit to your Combat Score before throwing Fight Dice. Even there you are only picking one Attribute (Combat) and throwing Fight Dice based on your Combat; your current Combat Score in that case is being modified by your Cunning via the card in question.

Lee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
To the OP: no, no, N/A, yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.