Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Lernout
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've begun to hear an escalation from comments to near-protesting over my gaming setup. While I have a nice big table with an excellent surfaced top I can fold and slide away for off hours, my collection of sitting objects is terrible.

I had commandeered a quad of cheap wooden tables from a small dining set I purchased years ago. Not the most durable of chairs, half have completely destabilized into chair-shaped firewood over time and the remainder are on shaky ground. To supplement these I had picked up a bunch of cheap folding chairs, but you certainly get what you pay for. They're flimsy and uncomfortable as all heck - nothing worse than a numb buttocks after a few hour of games.

I've taken to pulling out my nice leather computer chair for the head of the table. I usually get dibs as acting game host, but I can hear the frustrated cries before and between sessions from my terrible chair selection. I don't have anything else but couches, and they sit far too low for my gaming surface to enlist for duty.

I know I want to replace my chairs, but with what? I'd prefer not to break the bank, but something a little more durable and comfortable would fit the bill. Space is a bit of a concern as well, since my one bedroom apartment is a bit cramped and I really can't leave a half dozen chairs about between game sessions.

I plea to the experienced gaming masses for help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith "Boaty McBoatface" C
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Padded folding chairs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
BakaMattSu wrote:

I plea to the experienced gaming masses for help!

http://www.411.ca/directory/Ontario/Cambridge/Office-Furnitu...

and....

http://kitchener.en.craigslist.ca/fua/

It takes a bit of searching, but usually there's a warehouse with a metric ton of used office chairs.

-----------------------------------

On an aside...if you're in the denver area, these guys have excellent and cheap office chairs:

http://www.asisoffice.com/ (do call in advance, as their location isn't the same as on the website)

I got 8 chairs for $10 each. Not all the most functional, or matching, but they are mega-comfy. I can sit in them for 2 hours without feeling like I'm being interrogated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cushions. You can never have too many cushions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
http://www.asisoffice.com/ (do call in advance, as their location isn't the same as on the website)

Heh. I originally read this as "assoffice.com" which I thought was a great name for a chair store...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mb
Go to the Brick and check to see when they have damaged furniture sales on. I bought three great chairs (padded, wooden, sturdy) for 14 bucks each, and a huge wooden table (big enough for RRT) for 98.

Also check Liquidation World and other places like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eastside, Esq.
United States
Richmond Hts.
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Patrol Craigslist. I found a nice set of 4 padded captains chairs for $40.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
Buster Keaton from 'Go West'
mbmbmbmbmb
CyberKev has some chairs that hurt my butt so I bought him a set of 6 second-hand ones for $A25 at an op-shop. Surely you can put the new chairs in the space vacated by the old ones when you throw them out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
norman rule
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check for companies that rent/lease office furniture. When things come off lease, they can be amazingly cheap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Sekhon
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmb
IKEA. Problem solved if you want chairs with minimal ass-usage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fink
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My group doesn't care too much for my chairs either. They bring their own padded folding chairs. It saves me some $ and they can sit in their own luxury.

I do, though, use my computer chair also as my own personal throne at the gaming table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.