Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Yes... in a final battle that rivals WWI and WWII combined Obama surrendered to Fox News' ace reporter Major Garrett. By granting Fox News an interview the President feels that he is staying "on task" with his ambitious strategy of global diplomacy through apologizing for America's existence and surrendering when confronted with negative polls.

The interview commences at 6pm on Fox News. Here's a picture of the victor:

Heh... having already heard portions of the interview I'm pretty sure ya'll are going to be thrilled with his flippy-floppy on Gitmo, along with just about everything else he was asked.

p.s. I'm still laughing at Obama's calling the job creation numbers the result of "an inexact science", referring to how the numbers are derived. But it's even funnier when he calls the whole thing a "side issue". HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
What war on Fox news?

The President has ALWAYS been committed to appearing before all representatives of the Press..and would NEVER try and interfere with the Fourth Estate in order to acheive a short term political goal. I don't understand why you keep making these sorts of things up, Tripp.

shake

Anyway, whats REALLY important is this-
Does Sarah Palin prove that the GOP is bunch of liars, or a bunch of morons? I'm betting BOTH- what do YOU think?

Welcome to the Post Modern Presidency- where its more important to win the daily spin wars on TV than it is actually DO SOMETHING.

gulp

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm just wondering at what point we're supposed to start calling President Obama Hooosay'n (as in Dub'ya), or Obush?

Everyday it becomes clearer to me that none of the issues screeched about of the "Bush-Cheney fascist regime" actually really mattered to the moonbats. If they did, these same people would be screeching now, "hey, wtf, Obama, why aren't you doin' what you're supposed to be doin'?!" Suddenly, for example, it is no longer imperative that US troops be immediately stopped from "bombing Muslims," and Guantanamo means that newer even bigger size of café latté at Starbucks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Admiral Thrawn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darilian wrote:
What war on Fox news?

The President has ALWAYS been committed to appearing before all representatives of the Press..and would NEVER try and interfere with the Fourth Estate in order to acheive a short term political goal. I don't understand why you keep making these sorts of things up, Tripp.

shake

Anyway, whats REALLY important is this-
Does Sarah Palin prove that the GOP is bunch of liars, or a bunch of morons? I'm betting BOTH- what do YOU think?

Welcome to the Post Modern Presidency- where its more important to win the daily spin wars on TV than it is actually DO SOMETHING.

gulp

Darilian

Obama's hotter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Admiral Thrawn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
isaacc wrote:

I'm just wondering at what point we're supposed to start calling President Obama Hooosay'n (as in Dub'ya), or Obush?

Everyday it becomes clearer to me that none of the issues screeched about of the "Bush-Cheney fascist regime" actually really mattered to the moonbats. If they did, these same people would be screeching now, "hey, wtf, Obama, why aren't you doin' what you're supposed to be doin'?!" Suddenly, for example, it is no longer imperative that US troops be immediately stopped from "bombing Muslims," and Guantanamo means that newer even bigger size of café latté at Starbucks.

In all seriousness, I totally agree with Isaac. I'm VERY UPSET that he's not pushing for meaningful change. And I bring this up to both Obama-hatin' conservatives and Obamatrons daily. Obamatrons can be bludgeoned by Reason, but only if they are minimum of 6" from President Obama or any of his media images. Otherwise, Obamatron units have the fearless ability and do not have to take morale checks, rally checks, and suffer no modifier to charge into close combat for Obama.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lebanon
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
einsteinidahosu wrote:
isaacc wrote:

In all seriousness, I totally agree with Isaac. I'm VERY UPSET that he's not pushing for meaningful change. And I bring this up to both Obama-hatin' conservatives and Obamatrons daily. Obamatrons can be bludgeoned by Reason, but only if they are minimum of 6" from President Obama or any of his media images. Otherwise, Obamatron units have the fearless ability and do not have to take morale checks, rally checks, and suffer no modifier to charge into close combat for Obama.

Well he is pushing for meaningful change domestically isn't he?
And for those people who genuinely belived/expected Obama to turn American foreign policy upside down:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
isaacc wrote:
If they did, these same people would be screeching now, "hey, wtf, Obama, why aren't you doin' what you're supposed to be doin'?!"

Ummmmm. Have you looked at the president's approval ratings lately? They're pretty much in a nose dive.

I often have a whole lot of respect for your perspective Isaac, but this time I don't. If you don't think that President Obama's started the ball rolling on significant changes in a range of areas, then I honestly don't know what to say. That significant change in those areas takes time shouldn't surprise anyone. Indeed, the debate on a variety of significant topics can be seen as a direct contributor to the fall in poll numbers (what to do about Guantanamo, the approach in Afghanistan, health care, jobs).

Mr. Obama's issue isn't that he hasn't pressed for change, it's that executing the change isn't easy and that his administration hasn't found a particularly good way of communicating what's being done, what change he's looking for, and when we should expect to see real change. And that he seems to be more interested in letting others worry about the details on some big issues rather than defining them himself.

I think those of us disappointed with the President aren't disappointed with the fact that he's pushing change. It's more with the lack of traction he's managed to build on those fronts. Rhetoric is great, but the administration needs some results.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Fixed for accuracy.

No, fixed for hackery. It's difficult to be disappointed in something you didn't believe was going to result in anything positive in the first place, which is pretty much the way I'd expect you to have viewed the Obama administration.

You're not interested in accuracy, so please don't try to pretend that you are. It's annoying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mb
Tripp if this is the best you can come up with shake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
isaacc wrote:

This is the second time you've said this in about a week and it's no more true now than it was then. Obama is getting plenty of flak from the left for the delays with Gitmo. As for "bombing Muslims," only a tiny fraction of his supporters wanted the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan stopped immediately. Most progressives actually understand the difference between opposing a war (and thinking it was wrong to begin it) and thinking that said war can be stopped on a dime.

You used to understand that difference too, before Obama got elected and it became convenient to forget it in order to maintain your caricature about liberals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:

Eh? I wasn't the one who claimed that Fox News isn't really a news channel. There were some here who agreed with the President on that count and they are noticeably silent about the fact that Obama caved in and accepted the invitation for an interview.

It's possible that Obama is beginning to see the light and understand just how powerful Fox is... in respect to the number of Independents who regularly view the channel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arf Arf!
msg tools
mbmbmb
DCAnderson wrote:
perfalbion wrote:
That significant change in those areas takes time shouldn't surprise anyone.

That's a load of bull and you know it.

For example, the reason we didn't get jobs the second Obama took office, is because he is a stubborn ass who refuses to press that magic button on his desk that instantly makes jobs appear from the ether.

Dammit Obama, why do you hate America so much that you won't press the button?

I was equally appalled when the entire republican party suddenly became AGAINST the war the day he took office.

"Its not fascism when we do it!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
rcbevco wrote:

Eh? I wasn't the one who claimed that Fox News isn't really a news channel. There were some here who agreed with the President on that count and they are noticeably silent about the fact that Obama caved in and accepted the invitation for an interview.

It's possible that Obama is beginning to see the light and understand just how powerful Fox is... in respect to the number of Independents who regularly view the channel.

You're probably right about this. Though I remember most people thinking his "war" with Fox was damned silly with only a very few liberals here defending it. Heck, I have very little respect for fox news and I still thought Obama's administration attacking it wasn't a bright idea.

Granted, I do wonder if there will be any clever editing in the interview. Not that I'll probably catch it anyways. I'm sure the skewed out of context soundbytes will reach me though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:

Eh? I wasn't the one who claimed that Fox News isn't really a news channel.

You don't have to, they admitted it

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-october-29-2009/for-fo...-

starts around 3:30 of the bit.

and I would think news shows should also feel some compulsion to tell the truth, y'know to keep it fair and balanced?

http://ceasespin.org/ceasespin_blog/ceasespin_blogger_files/...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
DCAnderson wrote:
For example, the reason we didn't get jobs the second Obama took office, is because he is a stubborn ass who refuses to press that magic button on his desk that instantly makes jobs appear from the ether.

It's really simple, actually. Lower taxes, decrease regulations, and watch the jobs come back.

But the President cannot conceive of a plan that doesn't rely on the expansion of Government.

Yeah, I know, instantaneously too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:

It's really simple, actually. Lower taxes, decrease regulations, and watch the jobs come back.

Apparently you must have been asleep for eight years when...

1) Bush lowered taxes.
2) Bush decreased regulations.
3) Lost hundreds of thousands of jobs in his last two years in office.

I guess lowering taxes and decreasing regulations doesn't always work after all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrspank wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:

Apparently you must have been asleep for eight years when...

1) Bush lowered taxes.
2) Bush decreased regulations.
3) Lost hundreds of thousands of jobs in his last two years in office.

I guess lowering taxes and decreasing regulations doesn't always work after all.

Except Bush actually increased regulations. Also, the jobs lost was a result of idiotic lending policies, which were CAUSED by regulations.

When the government forces you to loan money to people who can't pay it back, trouble is going to be had.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a good post about it, if you actually care about facts instead of talking points:

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=18459

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.