GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,366 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Dominion» Forums » General

Subject: What's next for Dominion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Hoffman
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe this information is available somewhere and I'm not privy to it, but does anyone know anything about the next expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
Plaatsvervangende Schaamte
badge
mbmbmb
hoffmanmw wrote:
Maybe this information is available somewhere and I'm not privy to it, but does anyone know anything about the next expansion?

As much as I love Dominion, I just hope there is more than 4 months between Seaside and the next offering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Weeks
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't believe Donald has released any info on the next expansion. I did read some where about 7 expansions. So I guess the next release would be the mid point in the series. Assuming there are 8 total releases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Weeks
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JonPrud wrote:
hoffmanmw wrote:

As much as I love Dominion, I just hope there is more than 4 months between Seaside and the next offering.

I Agree

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Occhipinti
United States
Decorah
Iowa
flag msg tools
Magic Fanboy
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've heard rumors that the next expansion is treasure themed.

As for me, it can't come quickly enough. As a Magic player digesting large quantities of cards quickly and expecting more comes naturally to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
hoffmanmw wrote:

It's going to be up to Jay to say exactly what's coming out when.

What I will tell you is, my best guess is that there will be two expansions a year for a few years, plus an occasional promo card. It would be nice if the expansions were typically 6 months apart, but there will always be random reasons for one to come out later or earlier.

Don't hold me to this; it's just my best guess. And if all of the expansions I have planned come out, I don't know what will happen then; I'll worry about that in a few years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall Miller
United States
Malden
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
The Warren is a roleplaying game about intelligent rabbits trying to make the best of a world filled with hazards, predators and, worst of all, other rabbits.
badge
Marshall is a Boston-based researcher and game designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds like an excellent plan. I've enjoyed the game immensely, and can't wait for the next installment. Twice a year is just right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Metzger
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
donaldx wrote:
hoffmanmw wrote:

What I will tell you is, my best guess is that there will be two expansions a year for a few years, plus an occasional promo card. It would be nice if the expansions were typically 6 months apart, but there will always be random reasons for one to come out later or earlier.

Don't hold me to this; it's just my best guess. And if all of the expansions I have planned come out, I don't know what will happen then; I'll worry about that in a few years.
I read in your card synopses that there were a number of cards pulled from the 7 planned expansions that were used in the base game. I can only imagine that there are even more cards than the 200 that we "expect" (25 per release, 8 total releases)...can you make any comments on this? I'm very interested in how this game was originally developed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hoffmanmw wrote:

Right after Halloween everyone puts up Christmas decorations.

Can't they wait until after Thanksgiving?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
donaldx wrote:

It would make sense to have a release in time for Essen (October) as that would also make it available for the Cristmas Season.

Any other expansion should either be announced at the Nürnberg Toy Fair (February) and released in the Spring - or kept for release at one of the major American conventions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Grantham
United States
Bowie
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
delirimouse wrote:
I've heard rumors that the next expansion is treasure themed.

I've heard a rumor that it isn't.

Quote:
As for me, it can't come quickly enough.

Agreed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hoffman
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
donaldx wrote:
hoffmanmw wrote:

Thanks for the reply!

What can you tell us about the future of Dominion?
Will there be new card types?
Do all of the expansions add something new to the game (choices, duration, etc)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
hoffmanmw wrote:
Thanks for the reply!

I'm there for you.

hoffmanmw wrote:
What can you tell us about the future of Dominion?
Will there be new card types?
Do all of the expansions add something new to the game (choices, duration, etc)?

I'm not going to tell you what's in the expansions. Man, what fun is that.

I wouldn't say they all add something new. But then you did mention "choices" as a new thing. Some of them add something new; others just have functional themes, like "choices." They all have new cards, regardless.

I just talked to Jay and he said I could pass along "spring" as the vague date for the next expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Northern Rommel
Canada
flag msg tools
Please tell me you are not licensing some version of a Disney theme lol. Arrrrrgh.

Given that there are 5 more expansions, how could a person say release a homebrew expansion pack for people to enjoy that does not take away from the planned release versions?

For example I have a tendative 26 card release I call "Dominion - Armies" that is not meant to be a bunch of loosely singular fan cards -- but a functional playable release? But if that collided with something released for the public then I would feel crappy about that.

Donald I guess you guys already have the cards all defined for the added releases -- but what if someone came up with a viable expansion add on and wanted to submit it??

Just curious.

Cheers.

NR

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
donaldx wrote:
I just talked to Jay and he said I could pass along "spring" as the vague date for the next expansion.

Which suggest that it will be presented at the Toy Fair in February - and that we will have another expansion at Spiel '10.
Suits me fine! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
donaldx wrote:

The secret is out! All the details here:

The Future of Dominion: an inside look at the plans for Dominion between now and 2018
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.