♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
When an Evil Elder is with a Villain during a Showdown, are their attack dice rolls rolled separately or are they considered to have the Villain's attributes for all purposes and all additional dice they provide just pooled together with the Villain's? In my case, I was doing a Showdown against the Gargoyle and he had two Evil Elders with him... so would the Evil Elders' dice rolls be re-rolled, per the Gargoyle's ability? I know they are targeted separately when you're rolling against them, but I'm not sure if that applies the other way around...

Also, let's say you're fighting a Living Statue and they have two wounds against them so far... On your next roll against them you get three "hits". Would the Living Statue only roll once to see if the one wound they received was canceled, and then that fight round is done? Or would they roll three times to see if each hit was successful or not?

Regardless, those Living Statues are really tough to beat, but especially if/when they can keep preventing that last wound from happening!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Grudunza wrote:
When an Evil Elder is with a Villain during a Showdown, are their attack dice rolls rolled separately or are they considered to have the Villain's attributes for all purposes and all additional dice they provide just pooled together with the Villain's? In my case, I was doing a Showdown against the Gargoyle and he had two Evil Elders with him... so would the Evil Elders' dice rolls be re-rolled, per the Gargoyle's ability?

They're just pooled with the Villain's dice so can be re-rolled.

Grudunza wrote:
Also, let's say you're fighting a Living Statue and they have two wounds against them so far... On your next roll against them you get three "hits". Would the Living Statue only roll once to see if the one wound they received was canceled, and then that fight round is done? Or would they roll three times to see if each hit was successful or not?

They'd roll three times, once for every wound.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjadorg wrote:

Grudunza wrote:

They'd roll three times, once for every wound.

Are you sure about that? At that point they're only taking one wound (note that the description specifies when they take a "wound"). But perhaps the other two hits on the dice would be backups in case the wound is cancelled?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah you know, I thought about this again, and I think you're probably right... A hit is still a hit and each hit would cause more wounds... it's just that in the case of the Living Statues, the third wound will kill them. In a murder, someone might have been shot 5 times, but it was probably the 2nd or 3rd shot that killed them.

So unless we can get an official ruling otherwise, I think I will play that way from this point on against the Gargoyle (which would have made the last game a lot easier!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hill
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Grudunza wrote:
Ah you know, I thought about this again, and I think you're probably right... A hit is still a hit and each hit would cause more wounds... it's just that in the case of the Living Statues, the third wound will kill them. In a murder, someone might have been shot 5 times, but it was probably the 2nd or 3rd shot that killed them.

So unless we can get an official ruling otherwise, I think I will play that way from this point on against the Gargoyle (which would have made the last game a lot easier!).

This is correct.

- Jason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.