GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,505 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Boardgaming in the news - Daryl Hannah likes playing games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patroclus
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I came across this puff piece in the Chicago tribune. i remember playing a party game each player provided a definition for an obscure word and gained points if it was picked over the actual definition? Balderdash?

http://leisureblogs.chicagotribune.com/about-last-night/2009...

Daryl Hannah likes playing games
Some celebrities come out with a fragrance, fashion line or even a video game. Daryl Hannah? She prefers releasing board games.

Hannah -- who appeared in “Splash,” “Blade Runner” and “Kill Bill” -- is currently promoting her second board game, Liebrary, along with co-creator and fellow actress Hilary Shepard.

“We just like playing games,” said Hannah, a Chicago native, at the James Hotel on Thursday. “Whenever we’re like ‘We wish this game existed,’ we just end up making it.”

In Liebrary, players attempt to guess which is the actual first line to a famous book and which are the fake first lines written by other players. Hannah said they pitched the idea to companies over a decade ago but were repeatedly shot down.

“At that time, they were all like ‘Games need be on CD-ROM,’ ” Hannah said. “They weren’t interested in games you play with each other. Now with the economy being the way it is, game nights are real popular again. People are coming back to what really matters in life -- relating to family and friends.”

Hannah and Shepard will be appearing at the Chicago Toy & Game Fair at Navy Pier on Saturday.

Email Luis at larroyave@tribune.com and follow him on www.twitter.com/luisarroyave.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Nomad
Netherlands
Den Bosch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Who's Luis?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Caligari
United States
King of Prussia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed! My wife, the book lover, owns Liebrary and we play occasionally. Daryl (and Hilary) also designed the game Love it or Hate It.

- z

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tommynomad wrote:
Who's Luis?

Luis wrote the article.

Cool. After her famous role as replicant, I wonder if she'd like Android.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
Patroclus wrote:
Daryl Hannah likes playing games

I bet she does! I bet she does!

Say no more!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.