Subject: Brand new game in limited production rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Perrett
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hello

I'm an amateur game designer and I've been working on various projects for the last ten years or so. I now finally have a game I'm happy with and it's in limited production (by which I mean that boards and pieces are being made in batches of ten)

I'm very pleased with the method - the board and 90 pieces are laser engraved and cut from a single sheet of laminated wood and the remaining pieces are glass, so the whole game looks impressive. It's also designed such that all the pieces are stored in pockets cut into the board.

What I want to know is how I go about putting the game on this site - I'm having trouble finding the right place to do so. I'd also like to know whether there is anywhere on this site I can sell these directly - given that these are essentially a hobby project and unlikely to ever get a full scale "proper" publication

Any help would be greatly appreciated (as would any interest!)

I'm being deliberately vague about the nature and design at the moment but it's an abstract strategy game that is simple to learn and fiendishly strategic and I'm very pleased with it!

Dan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mb
Click the "Misc" tab at the top of the BGG homepage, and under it the very last action is "Add New Item".

There you will be able to "Create a new boardgame" and a form will come up for you to fill out with the pertinent info. You can also "Create a new person" to add the name of boardgame designers (like yourself!) and artists, and "Create a new company".

Having created the game entry, you could include info about buying the game in the Marketplace, though I'm not experienced at that.

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Zombo
United States
Macomb
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the geek.

Being a new designer, you might be interested in this thread around a new print on-demand game publishing company that might help you reach a broader audience as well.

The company is called "The Game Crafter" (http://www.thegamecrafter.com/)

Good luck with your game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.