Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
GameBear
msg tools
Three plants:

03 (2O>1) - oil
25 (2C>5) - coalcoalcoalcoal
29 (1H>4) - coalcoal

Player wants to power 9 cities using #25 and #29.

Question: Is player allowed to use 2 coal and 1 oil, or is player required to use 3 coal?

Quote:
At any time during the game, a player can rearrange his resources among his power plants.

Quote:
The players remove the required resources from the power plants that produced electricity this round...

Interpretations:
A) Player uses 2 coal from #25, then rearranges resources (moving coal from #29 to #25 and oil from #3 to #29), and lastly uses 1 oil from #29.
B) The plants produce electricity simultaneously, so there is no opportunity to rearrange resources. Player must use 3 coal.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smiles
United States
Dedham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
The ratio of people to cake is too big.
badge
Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...
mbmbmbmbmb
Option B.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Agius
United Kingdom
Brentford
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
asmiles wrote:
Option B.

I agree, it's option B
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GameBear
msg tools
Thank you for the quick responses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think there is any "official" answer, only guesses. Unless I missed a posting. The rules say that you can shift resources from one plant to another "at any time". They don't say whether you must operate plants simultaneously, or you can operate them sequentially, as in your example A. So we can only guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh you seekers of the new who run terrified from history into the clutches of an eternal life where no electric shaver can be built to last.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

I'd play that the player can use whatever he wants.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't find it, but recently someone said he played with FF himself, and he said B. All the fuel must be on the correct plants simultaneously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
norman rule
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With questions like this, I look at how BSW implements the rules.

Since the online version is there with the blessing and cooperation of the publisher, it's safe to assume that no major mistakes were made in the rules.

I've occasionally seen glitches, but I have yet to find an incorrectly implemented rule.

Having said that, all powerplants in BSW fire at the same time, which would prevent you from shifting resources at that moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GameBear
msg tools
Barticus88 wrote:
I can't find it, but recently someone said he played with FF himself, and he said B. All the fuel must be on the correct plants simultaneously.

From this thread:
BeyondMonopoly wrote:
I actually had a very similar situation come up in a game with Freidemann hisself last April, and his ruling was that the fuel for a plant must come from the plant's own storage.

The scenario in that thread is not quite the same, though - in that scenario, the resources are not moved to the appropriate plant before being used. Freidemann's ruling in that case appears to just reiterate the second snippet from the rules quoted above:
Quote:
The players remove the required resources from the power plants that produced electricity this round...

---
mrorwell, thanks for posting the BSW implementation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.