Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith S.
United States
Dallas/Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules from the FoxMind version state: "If all 38 hexagons have been placed without either player winning, play continues with the players taking turns moving a previously-placed hexagon of their color to a new location of their choosing. The player may not move a hexagon if it would leave the other hexagons divided into two or more separate groups." This is the only rule (until you get to the advanced ruleset) that explicitly governs moving hexagons.

I cannot find any rule that explicitly states that a hex may not be moved if it cannot be slid out from its current space without disturbing the layout. Hive allows certain pieces to do this (the Beetle and Hopper) but other pieces cannot move if surrounded. Exago allows movement of any piece, but the board is designed to allow this without disturbing the surrounding pieces. However, there is also no example that shows it is possible; Example 3 in the booklet, the only one specifically demonstrating movement, shows moving a hexagon from the edge to another spot on the edge.

So, I thought I'd put it to the other Six players on this site: In your opinion, is it legal to move a hexagon that is surrounded on five or all six sides, assuming that no explicitly-stated rule (i.e. stranding pieces) is broken?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Bekking
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have wondered the same thing. In the (very) few games I've played, this never came into question, but I think we assumed it wasn't allowed. I mean it didn't seem to effect game play. Seems like it'd be too disruptive to the game to try to remove a hex that is in the middle of the group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Brother
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
The rules that come with our version (from Productief BV) say that you must be careful if you remove enclosed stones. In other words, they allow enclosed stones to be moved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franklin Lautert
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Any stone can be removed. That's the way it works in yucata.de, and the author has carefully reviewed the online version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lowell Kempf
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I kept checking and came to the conclusion that, yes, a surrounded hex can be moved.

It actually adds some interesting choices to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gnomekin wrote:
I kept checking and came to the conclusion that, yes, a surrounded hex can be moved.

It actually adds some interesting choices to the game.

The german rules of Six explicitly permit it. I've got a new translation of them waiting for file approval now.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Bekking
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
but unfortunately the game doesn't come with a small suction cup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Ralya
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Engine Publishing (enginepublishing.com)
badge
The Forgotten Bananas
mbmbmbmbmb
Aiken Drum wrote:
but unfortunately the game doesn't come with a small suction cup

Use a NERF dart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike James
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the only question I had about the rules.

Since the rules don't say you can't, I take that to mean you can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Danielson
United States
California
flag msg tools
Quote:
Use a NERF dart.

That is freaking brilliant! I gave a friend a copy of SIX as a Christmas gift and now I can give a Nerf Dart as an extra birthday gift.

Thank You

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G B
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering the exact same thing. From reading the rules, I assumed you could move fully enclosed tiles, but after doing it once, considering all the trouble it caused, I decided against allowing it.

From the discussion above, I suppose I should allow it again... but it isn't easy to take a tile out without disturbing all the other tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.